KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New KRISS Owner - First Time Out - Accurate and JAMtastic

+6
Big Mac
CatMostFeared
Shaggs
Solscud007
Mattrog
SoCal Gunner
10 posters

Go down

New KRISS Owner - First Time Out - Accurate and JAMtastic Empty New KRISS Owner - First Time Out - Accurate and JAMtastic

Post by SoCal Gunner Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:59 pm

Well like the title says, it was my first time out with my KRISS USA Vector. My model is the KRISS CRB Fixed Stock 10rnd BB (bullet button for those outside California) per the box and was factory sealed. I fully went through the manual, registered here, found the armorer's manual, performed the factory recommended first clean and lube. I learned how to properly charge the handle so it doesn't bind. I read through this and other forums and it seems if there was one thing consistent it was that the Kriss likes to be run wet. Knowing that I did not fully wipe and clean up every last shiny residue of CLP, but rather left a coating overnight. Now one thing I did not do was use Ammo from the list in the back of the manual. I wish it were that easy, but you're lucky to even find ammo in my area and I consider myself fortunate to have cases of stuff bought ahead of time. The bulk .45 ammo I have around for plinking is PMC Bronze. Never had issues with PMC in my 1911s, though I'd admit it's on the dirty side of the spectrum.

I went out to the range with the factory 10 rnd magazine and 2 NIB Glock 21 mags. First off WOW - how simple it is to shoulder and a what natural point of aim. The factory flip up sights were dead on at 25 yrds - PLINK,.... PLINK....PLINK, PLINK, SMILE. Out to 50... PLINK,... PLINK,PLINK PLINK.(I could only get 8rnds in and it hurt doing it after a while!) Can't Miss! This is the coolest thing ever!

Then the fails started. I'm still not sure how to declare them all, but I'll try. Some where straight up failures to feed; the bolt was half closed, but didn't slam home and chamber a new round. I thought I had this one figured out because it ONLY happened on the new KRISS Magazine, but not the 2 NEW GLOCK magazines.

Then I got some traditional "Stove Pipes". Others yet, fed the round "sideways" is some weird manner that when you checked the action, they're would be an unfired 45 round standing straight up and down in there! It got to the point where I was checking the action every shot to see if I had another "jam". I decided to pack up and head home. I have cell phone pictures of most of these conditions and will retrieve and post them here shortly.

I know it's a bit of a long post, but I wanted to get past the "did you RTFM" and "did you clean/lube it first" questions.

What are you guy's initial thoughts?

SoCal Gunner
SoCal Gunner

Back to top Go down

New KRISS Owner - First Time Out - Accurate and JAMtastic Empty Same problem here

Post by Mattrog Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:06 pm

You need to run only Kriss approved ammo; PMC is not on the list.

http://www.kriss-usa.com/compatible-ammunition

Mattrog

Back to top Go down

New KRISS Owner - First Time Out - Accurate and JAMtastic Empty Re: New KRISS Owner - First Time Out - Accurate and JAMtastic

Post by Solscud007 Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:07 am

Odd. Yeah try running different ammo, if you can find it.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

New KRISS Owner - First Time Out - Accurate and JAMtastic Empty Re: New KRISS Owner - First Time Out - Accurate and JAMtastic

Post by Shaggs Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:07 am

I had same issue, I have never ejected more rounds from a rifle before

Shaggs

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:56 am

and different mags doesn't make a difference?
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaggs Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:45 pm

All three brand new Glock 21 ca legal 10rd mags.

Shaggs

Back to top Go down

Post by CatMostFeared Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:40 am

The guys at KRISS were using slip 2000 gun lube
On the SMG we tested at the shot show
I'd clean it good and try it again

http://www.slip2000.com/slip2000_gunlube.php
CatMostFeared
CatMostFeared
Admin

http://www.krisstalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mac Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:08 pm

Mattrog wrote:You need to run only Kriss approved ammo; PMC is not on the list.

http://www.kriss-usa.com/compatible-ammunition

About a year ago PMC Bronze "was" on the Kriss compatible list...but for some reason it was removed. Much like many other ammunitions that have come and gone from the infamous list. The damn list just seems to be getting smaller and smaller. I ran four boxes of PMC Bronze through my CRB with absolutely no hiccups whatsoever. To me it just seems like some guns are just more finicky than others.

Big Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by KYLiberty Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:54 pm

PMC doesn't work very well in my SDP or CRB. It tends to give me a few jams. Everything else that I've put through them has been flawless though.

KYLiberty

Back to top Go down

Post by MadDogDan Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:43 pm

I have been lucky I guess.  I use plenty of PMC, Blazer Brass, Blazer Aluminum, Fiocci, and Remington all with absolutely no problems.  Never had a FTE or FTF and have probably run 2,500 rounds through my SDP (now SBR'd).  Almost 1/3 of those rounds have been suppressed (AAC TiRant suppressor).  This is one of the few guns I own that "always" goes boom.

MadDog

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by USCSCJOHN Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:59 pm

I am happy to respond to this thread! I too have a Kalifornia Kriss. Mine too jammed more than any gun I have ever owned. By a mile. Non-Kalifornians (lucky devils) may not appreciate how awful frequent jams are with a bullet button. You need a tool to drop the mag, you need to drop the mag to clear the jam, etc.

I kept at it. I kept cleaning. I kept cycling rounds. Now, finally, after about 500 rounds and honestly about 60 jams, I shot about 100 jam-free rounds. I suspect the spring needs to soften. I really hated this gun. Now, I really like it. At 25 yards it is dead accurate. Target acquisition is fast. It can't match the HK USC in my opinion. (less recoil in my opinion / No jamming ever) but it is finally a gun to be enjoyed.

USCSCJOHN

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:04 pm

Try the roll over technique that I use.

If you have a jam, ID the problem by rolling the gun to the left so chamber is pointed up and yo can see it. If it is a FTF, roll the gun over 180 deg so the chamber is pointed down and rack the charging handle.
Gravity will let the round to fall out and hopefully the bolt will chamberthe next round.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by DUKnCVR Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:23 am

If your gun is brand new lock the bolt open and leave it for a few days/weeks whatever

DUKnCVR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down