KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which suppressor do you like best Kriss owners?

+2
huffmaj3
Maineshooter
6 posters

Go down

Which suppressor do you like best Kriss owners?  Empty Which suppressor do you like best Kriss owners?

Post by Maineshooter Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:07 am

I have just sent in my paper work for my Vector SBR and now I in the market for a suppressor. I have read good reviews here for the osprey and I plan on running the same suppressor on FNP .45.
Thoughts on others ?
Gemtech?
Osprey ?
Defiance? Recommended w/ kriss
Ti-rant .45?
Price range is $850 max
I know this is a matter of preference too I would just like to know your thoughts
Thank you

Maineshooter

Back to top Go down

Which suppressor do you like best Kriss owners?  Empty Re: Which suppressor do you like best Kriss owners?

Post by huffmaj3 Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:24 pm

I own an osprey and am pleased with it. However I had a conversation with a silencerco rep about the pros cons of the osprey and octane. What he told me is that the osprey is better suited for pistols while the octane is better for pistol caliber carbines/smg's. I have no experience with the octane so I cant make a comparison...just passing on what i was told by the company that makes both cans.

huffmaj3

Back to top Go down

Which suppressor do you like best Kriss owners?  Empty Re: Which suppressor do you like best Kriss owners?

Post by Maineshooter Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:57 pm

Hey, thanks for the reply. Ill check into the octane

Maineshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by MadDogDan Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:31 pm

I love the TiRant. It's rated hearing safe, very light weight, and the newer models break down for cleaning. The Ospreys look great on pistols but very odd on the Kriss. With a spare piston my TiRant does double duty, on both my Kriss and my night stand gun which is an FNP45-Tac.

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by huffmaj3 Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:16 pm

Just to clarify my above post, I had the conversation with the rep after purchasing my osprey. I too use it on multiple hosts so im not dissappointed with my purchase in the least. if i had enough money I would own one of each haha! The ability to clean the tirant is very appealing. Both the osprey and tirant have changeable pistons so it comes down to other features/personal preference.

huffmaj3

Back to top Go down

Post by MadDogDan Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:02 pm

When I was first shopping for a 45ACP suppressor I looked at both the TiRant and Osprey as they are the "only" two that are truly hearing safe with sub-sonics (just about all 45ACP except personal defense rounds are sub-sonic).  I initially liked the profile of the Osprey as it matched the shape of most semi auto pistols, but when I actually tried it on my FNP45 Tac the suppressor sat so far away (about 1/2") from the end of the frame, I thought the gap looked goofy.  That pretty much is the only reason I chose the traditional look of the TiRant.  I have an older TiRant so mine does not pull completely apart for cleaning, just the piston and spring.  Now that the new TiRants are out and they do break down completely, that would be the deciding factor for me.

MadDog

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by Maineshooter Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:30 pm

I actually like the profile of the osprey on the Kriss. I might get the Osprey because the local gun shop will have them in stock soon. I could buy from an online dealer but the transfer fee would be $100 on top of the MSRP. I would consider the TiRant but they don't seem to be available in the shops here. (That I know of)
Also: I know the barrel threads are different for each gun. Do I get the specific thread piston from the manufacture? Either TiRant or osprey.

Maineshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by huffmaj3 Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:01 pm

I love the way the osprey looks on the kriss!! Since the suppressor is already in stock make sure its the correct piston to match your threads. I ordered mine thus I ordered it with the correct piston. Talk to your LGS and they can possibly work out something so you dont have to buy a piston if they dont have the one you need. Oh and you need the fixed barrel spacer because the kriss has a fixed barrel!

Come to think of it i dont even know if they come with pistons due to the fact I had my suppressor ordered and told them what piston I needed. It might be as simple as just ordering a piston

huffmaj3

Back to top Go down

Post by Maineshooter Mon May 19, 2014 11:12 pm

Looks like I might go with the octane 45. The local dealer has one available and the osprey that was suppose to come for me is being held up with e file form 4 delays. However, the osprey is optimal for use on my FNP 45 with factory sights. Same price. Ugh decisions. My Kriss paper work should cleared by sept.

Maineshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by sniiped Tue May 20, 2014 11:48 pm

my buddy just got his octane 45 hd. im going to get the needed the barrel spacer so i can test it on my factory threaded barrel for my kriss. does anyone know the thread pitch?

sniiped

Back to top Go down

Post by vdeleon Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:48 pm

Waiting on my AAC Tirant-45 for my Kriss & H&K USP45. Rolling Eyes 
vdeleon
vdeleon

Back to top Go down

Post by Maineshooter Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:48 pm

huffmaj3 wrote: Oh and you need the fixed barrel spacer because the kriss has a fixed barrel!

Come to think of it i dont even know if they come with pistons due to the fact I had my suppressor ordered and told them what piston I needed. It might be as simple as just ordering a piston

I ended up buying the osprey. It didnt come with a piston i had to buy that separately and those I can tell you aren't cheap. I talked to my LGS about a barrel spacer but thy said I don't need one. Anyone have a Definitive answer on this? I will be running this can on both my kriss and FNP .45.

My paper work came through for the kriss today! Yay

Maineshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by MadDogDan Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:17 pm

The other reason I like the Ti-RANT is that it fits inside Diamond Sights new free float rail.  Kind of has that MP5SD look to it.

MadDog

Which suppressor do you like best Kriss owners?  DSC00411_zps76f2482c

Which suppressor do you like best Kriss owners?  DSC00409_zps2d8e04ce

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by Maineshooter Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:33 pm

Wow, looks pretty slick. Great set up.

Maineshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Code3response Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:25 pm

Maineshooter wrote:I have just sent in my paper work for my Vector SBR and now I in the market for a suppressor. I have read good reviews here for the osprey and I plan on running the same suppressor on FNP .45.  
Thoughts on others ?
Gemtech?
Osprey ?
Defiance? Recommended w/ kriss
Ti-rant .45?
Price range is $850 max
I know this is a matter of preference too I would just like to know your thoughts
Thank you

I need one for a 9mm

Code3response

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down