KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horror stories

+5
zerorice
Jedi380
huffmaj3
USCSCJOHN
glockblocked
9 posters

Go down

Horror stories Empty Horror stories

Post by glockblocked Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:35 pm

Newbie here. I fell in love with the vector (technology and appearance), 3 years ago at the Pittsburgh NRA show. I have wanted an SDP since that. I have been saving for one and I'm close to having the money, but........I'm reading horror Story after horror story about FTF, FTE, mags falling out, body's cracking. Someone please tell me they aren't garbage. Had my heart set on one for 3 years and now, so unsure.Are these issues specific to particular models of Kriss or all?

glockblocked

Back to top Go down

Horror stories Empty Re: Horror stories

Post by USCSCJOHN Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:41 pm

I can't tell you they aren't garbage. I think the word "garbage" is a strong one and I have hope for mine but I have had more FTF and jamming problems with the Kriss than I have had with any other gun. The gun has many "virtues" that encourage me to try to find ways to get the bugs out BUT if I had saved for the gun for three long years, my gun would be more nightmare than dream come true. I am not ready to discourage you but you must know problems are not a rarity.

USCSCJOHN

Back to top Go down

Post by glockblocked Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:55 pm

Thanks for the reply and thanks for being honest. I agree, "garbage" was a little strong. I'm a little frustrated,at this price point, a firearm should excel in quality. I might look for an alternative. Thanks again.

glockblocked

Back to top Go down

Post by USCSCJOHN Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:05 pm

just fyi, I am a 45acp fan. I love the idea of a carbine as a companion to my favorite handgun round. I started with the HK USC and love it. I enjoy 1911 accuracy but appreciate Glock 21 reliability. I bought the Kriss to take advantage of the chance to use the same magazine in both the Glock and the Kriss. Sadly, that's where the Kriss fell flattest. It seems miserably ironic that a natural companion gun to a Glock (reliability) is Kriss (unreliability). While the Glock may be the first handgun you might grab in a SHTF situation, the Kriss is the last long gun I would grab. My point is that I may be even harder on the Kriss because I bought it thinking of it as a Glock companion. For sheer reliability and accuracy now I would use my S&W MP 45 with apex trigger job) and HK USC.

USCSCJOHN

Back to top Go down

Post by glockblocked Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:44 pm

I will look into those options. If I had the extra money I would still buy a Vector.it is what it is. I'm thankful I even have the opportunity to own firearms so I won't cry to hard over this.

glockblocked

Back to top Go down

Post by huffmaj3 Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:47 am

I cant attest to the reliability of the sdp. However I can tell you the sbr I have has had no issues what-so-ever as long as:

1) Its very well lubricated
2) I only run approved ammo

The Kriss is a picky mistress. Would it be my shtf option...no, but mine has given me no reason to question its reliability!

huffmaj3

Back to top Go down

Post by glockblocked Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:40 pm

Interesting,Thanks for your input. I'm still on the fence but not rejecting the idea of owning an SDP. Not looking for a new home defense weapon, just something unique to own and shoot.

glockblocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi380 Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:03 pm

My SDP has not had any major problems either.  Smile
Jedi380
Jedi380

Back to top Go down

Post by glockblocked Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:08 pm

You guys are making my day!!!!

glockblocked

Back to top Go down

Post by zerorice Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:31 pm

When I started out with the SBR there was an issue with the hammer strike not hitting the primer hard enough. After some research I identified that the ammo was not on the approved ammo list. After seeing the error, I have put an estimate 1000 rounds give or take 100 throught it, and not a single problem has arrived.

zerorice

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:31 pm

I would get one and just not have high expectations. You have done the research and know what to expect. If you know it can give you issues then you wont be dissapointed. It gets better.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by MadDogDan Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:34 am

Zero problems here with my SDP (which I SBR'd) with about 2,500 rounds through it so far. I clean and lube it every now and then (probably every 800 rounds or so) and have never even looked at the approved ammo list. I shoot whatever I can get my hands on including steel cased ammo and still runs 100%

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by hydepark308 Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:38 pm

Hey glockblocked, I was in a similar boat to you for some time.  I followed with keen interest the arrival of the Kriss to the civy market years ago.  When I heard a local range near where I live in Golden, which is just west of Denver, got in a rental model, my roommate and I drove down to take it for a spin.  This was sometime in 2010 I think.  

Well, the rental (a carbine model) wouldn't make it more than a few rounds without a fairly major malfunction of some kind.  FTE, FTF, Stoves, etc.  My roomy and I were pretty pissed and ended up getting our money back, minus the cost of a box of 45.  I basically forgot the whole thing and was pretty sour, truth be told.  All the reviews at the time were negative.  Just like you, I had saved and saved to get my dream gun.  Instead, I bought a Desert Eagle in .50AE which I still have, love, and shoot.  I just put the whole Kriss thing out of my mind as a lost cause.

Then, around October of last year, I found this forum and saw that TDi was stepping things up and heard better reviews and saw the thread about the revisions.  So, I did a little more homework and figured now might be the time to take a chance.  I picked up an SDP with the eventual goal of SBR'ing or Sig Braceing it, and haven't looked back.

I am very glad I waited until recently to get one, and mine has run great.  First couple mags had a stovepipe or two, nothing serious.  Now, after 500-600 rounds it runs all the time, every time.  I know that's not a huge amount, but I don't really shoot 1000's of rounds of anything, so it's a bunch for me.

No hard charging, doesn't shoot low (remember that if you swap iron sights, the factory post is shorter than standard height AR posts), is reliable, and now one of my favorite things to shoot.  

Long-winded, I know, but there is still this general thought that they are all crap, and I think that's no longer the case.  Hope that helps.
hydepark308
hydepark308

Back to top Go down

Post by hill92 Sat May 24, 2014 8:00 am

I bought my SDP around 3 years ago thinking it was suppose to be reliable and foolproof.

I have only put maybe around 300 rounds through it, but all but one round in the second magazine to go through it has been flawless.

It only has around 300 rounds through it because honestly, I just don't have much fun shooting it. If I could put a stock on it then I would probably have 3000 rounds through it.

I come back to this site the other day to find some info and find one bad experience/review after another and a manufacturer's list of parts I am told need replacing.

Shocked 

hill92

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum