KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ace 1 Arms ambi mag release review

+2
hydepark308
Solscud007
6 posters

Go down

Ace 1 Arms ambi mag release review - Page 2 Empty Re: Ace 1 Arms ambi mag release review

Post by hydepark308 Sat May 17, 2014 3:33 am

Any chance we could get the other couple people who said that they have received them to get some pictures up? I'm interested to see if the same problems Solscud had are universal.
hydepark308
hydepark308

Back to top Go down

Ace 1 Arms ambi mag release review - Page 2 Empty Re: Ace 1 Arms ambi mag release review

Post by kanewtervalve Sat May 17, 2014 2:57 pm

I got a few minutes today to mess with it, it does fit and will work, but as Solscud has experienced, it is a snug fit. Watch the video that Solscud has made for installation and use a file like he shows in it. I have not had a chance to do further work but I do have the small files that will be needed. Just go slow and go easy and test fit frequently and you should have no problem.
kanewtervalve
kanewtervalve

Back to top Go down

Post by kanewtervalve Sat May 17, 2014 5:32 pm

Update: Ok, it's in and works well, make sure you have a good set of metric allen wrenches, small file and something to pop out the spring that holds the mag release in place(I used a steel dental pick). The problem was exactly where Solscud shows in his video/pics that needs filing. I also recommend blue locktite once everything is working and in place, the one screw (as Solscud pointed out) needs to be backed off a little but if locktite is used it won't go anywhere once it dries.
kanewtervalve
kanewtervalve

Back to top Go down

Post by hydepark308 Mon May 19, 2014 12:06 am

Thanks for the update. I was wondering, is it possible to use a washer or spacer on that problem screw to keep it the correct distance out? I know loctite will probably work, but it seems that getting it cinched down with a lock washer AND loctite would be preferable.

Don't tell solscud, but I went ahead and ordered one the other night. LOL I just couldn't wait, sorry. I'll try to get out the camera when it gets here and see what's what. Most likely I will try to file on the part rather than my gun. If it's a $40 part vs. a $1600 gun, I think I'd rather mess up the lever. That's just me. There are a few hardware stores around here that sell small washers and spacers, or I could always ask my gunsmith to scrounge something up. Anyway, hopefully it will be here this coming week and I'll give an update.
hydepark308
hydepark308

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down