KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Hammer Update?

5 posters

Go down

New Hammer Update? Empty New Hammer Update?

Post by rofire Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:29 pm

The youtube channel Iraqveteran8888 has a review on the kriss carbine. A very positive one at that. During his take down of the gun he mentioned it has the updated hammer which Kriss released to address incidents of accidental discharge when the gun is out of battery.  Here's a link to the timeframe of the video where he talks about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pGuBImSGzE&list=UUWJHDMgKWWvOsdyRF3HPVEw#t=238

Does Kriss not do recalls? I would think this warrants one if there is a known issue with the gun going off while out of battery.  This is some serious stuff here. Anyone have the new hammmer or have had their old one replaced?

rofire

Back to top Go down

New Hammer Update? Empty Re: New Hammer Update?

Post by bolus Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:49 pm

I did a search of the forum and could not determine when the hammer update was done. But it has been listed in the factory revision's thread with pics

http://www.krisstalk.com/t88-kriss-vector-factory-revisions

It would be worth it to look over those revisions and make sure you have all of them

mine, which I purchased just recently, does have the hammer with the nubbin on it.

bolus

Back to top Go down

Post by hydepark308 Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:46 pm

Okay from looking at everything I can definitely see that my hammer is not up to date. Is this a necessary revision? Also I have an SDP and removed the little nub on the end because it looked hideous. Recently sold it to a member here for a project he is working on. Will this be a problem when / if I send it to Kriss?
hydepark308
hydepark308

Back to top Go down

Post by bolus Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:10 pm

If it was me I'd send it in for the update. Firing out of battery, even if very rare, would make me too nervous to keep shooting.

If you can get them on the phone, I'd call kriss usa and explain everything and see what they hove to say

bolus

Back to top Go down

Post by rofire Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:12 am

They told me not necessary unless I'm having issues. If I send it I will have to pay for it, I think because my warranty is up. They said around 10 weeks. I said nevermind.

rofire

Back to top Go down

Post by hydepark308 Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:38 pm

I will try to contact them Monday and see what they say. I've never had any of the problems that get reported alot, like hard charging and jam ups. It shoots a little low, but I've adjusted the irons and my reflex and that's fine now. And I've never heard of anyone reporting an out of battery. Can someone provide any links or videos to real-world occurrences?
hydepark308
hydepark308

Back to top Go down

Post by bolus Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:58 pm

I believe this was an out of battery failure

http://www.krisstalk.com/t611-catastrophic-failure

bolus

Back to top Go down

Post by hydepark308 Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:44 pm

Did they ever confirm whether the hammer was to blame? Also, I was wondering if the model he got in return after the warranty work includes the updated hammer? Sorry, I'm just trying to get as much info about this as possible. I bought mine earlier this year I think, and to my knowledge it had all the revisions. Any idea when the hammer revision was made, and were there any other important revisions that mine might have just missed out on?
hydepark308
hydepark308

Back to top Go down

Post by hydepark308 Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:45 pm

I guess some of those questions are overly broad. I will try to get mine out tonight or tomorrow and methodically go through the revisions posted here. I glanced over them once I had mine in hand, and everything looked up-to-date. It's a fairly new model. Just wondering why it missed the hammer update, and what else has come along since then.
hydepark308
hydepark308

Back to top Go down

Post by gubi Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:58 pm

My 2013 Kriss CRB had the old style hammer. When I sent it in late last year for FTF issues they must've replaced the hammer because it came back with the new one. Just a data point.

gubi

Back to top Go down

Post by DEVILDG03 Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:32 pm

has Kriss said anything?
DEVILDG03
DEVILDG03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down