KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just bought a Kriss Vector CRB in Canada

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Just bought a Kriss Vector CRB in Canada Empty Just bought a Kriss Vector CRB in Canada

Post by KevinAgar Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:22 pm

Hi everyone,
I just bought a CRB in Canada and I have to say that... it shot flawlessly every round.
I put 250 rounds through it the first day and not a single issue.
I have heard lots of people complain about the quality and problems so I had to put my 2 cents worth in.
Some times people need to hear good stories (not just "horror stories") and mine is a good one. This gun is amazing and one of the best looking and functioning non-restricted guns out there. Just having one puts the icing on my collection. Sorry to all who have problems but that's just life.... as that happens. I have a $32,000 new car that has been in the shop countless times but that's just the luck of the draw I guess. But my new Vector CRB is just freaking amazing. Will I shoot it all the time... No, it's too $$$ on the ammo. I will shoot 22LR most of the time for plinking. But having this gun in my collection is worth paying $$$ for it. It shoots flawlessly and is an amazing gun and I only wish ammo was a bit cheaper.... The Kriss Vector 45ACP CRB has to be the best looking non-restricted gun here in Canada that's different and just as unique as my Benelli MR1.... But even that doesn't have a folding stock.... just too cool I say.
Cheers to all.... Vectors Rock
KevinAgar
KevinAgar

Back to top Go down

Just bought a Kriss Vector CRB in Canada Empty Re: Just bought a Kriss Vector CRB in Canada

Post by Lifeisdeath Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:35 am

congrats! have fun.

Lifeisdeath

Back to top Go down

Just bought a Kriss Vector CRB in Canada Empty New Kriss owner

Post by aragorn1 Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:12 pm

I've had a CRB for just under a month now, in Canada also. I'm experiencing the same issues as a lot of others on here. Jamming and stove piping. Seemed to be worse after initial cleaning, maybe lubed it up too much? How's yours doing now ?
aragorn1
aragorn1

Back to top Go down

Just bought a Kriss Vector CRB in Canada Empty Re: Just bought a Kriss Vector CRB in Canada

Post by KevinAgar Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:15 pm

I've had mine out at the range 5 times now and only 2 FTF and no other issues whatsoever. The only thing I am truly having an issue is finding a scope that can adjust low enough. Just modified my reflex sight for the next trip to the range.
KevinAgar
KevinAgar

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinAgar Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:18 pm

I'm also using Sellier & Bellot 45ACP ammo..... Not as hot as Federal ammo but very good quality.... So not sure if that helps a bit.
KevinAgar
KevinAgar

Back to top Go down

Just bought a Kriss Vector CRB in Canada Empty Canadian Kriss

Post by aragorn1 Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:27 am

Don't take me wrong, I love mine, it's an awesome piece of work, I put 200 rounds through it yesterday. I've used S&B, federal and wolf ammo. All work the same for me. My issue is that no matter how many rounds are put in to clip, the second last rounds always jams. So I don't really think it's the gun, if it's all kinds of ammo and always the second last round regardless of how many were inserted, it must be the magazines. I have tried 3 different magazines. I would love to get hold of an older generation of glock clip to try. I have an email into Kriss awaiting their reply. You using the 10 round glock that came with gun? So far my "work around" for this is to load 8 rounds into clip but only shoot 5...... lol
aragorn1
aragorn1

Back to top Go down

Post by kriss45 Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:57 am

aragorn1 wrote:Don't take me wrong, I love mine, it's an awesome piece of work, I put 200 rounds through it yesterday.  I've used S&B, federal and wolf ammo.   All work the same for me.  My issue is that no matter how many rounds are put in to clip, the second last rounds always jams.  So I don't really think it's the gun, if it's all kinds of ammo and always the second last round regardless of how many were inserted, it must be the magazines. I have tried 3 different magazines.  I would love to get hold of an older generation of glock clip to try.  I have an email into Kriss awaiting their reply.  You using the 10 round glock that came with gun? So far my "work around" for this is to load 8 rounds into clip but only shoot 5...... lol

It may very well be the spring tension within the mag. My mags are very difficult to load up since the tension is so high. Try increasing the spring tension by adding some sort of blocking material in behind the mag follower. You wouldn't need much to increase the tension, maybe in the range of 1/16 of an inch or slightly less. You may also try rotating the spring front to back or over under but to me it seems like you need that extra bit of spring tension in the mag in order to have the cartridge line up correctly with the feed ramps. The gun itself is the source of the problem but you may overcome it's slight flaw by adjusting the mags.
Oh and one other thing; Does your mag have any play while it is in the gun? For example when you push up and down from the bottom of the mag. A mag sitting slightly lower can cause the same issue since the mag follower/spring tension is not able to push the cartridge up high enough to feed properly as the mag gets closer to empty during firing. It would also explain why it seems to affect more then one mag.

I also live in Canada. North Sylva was able to fix my light primer strike issues and it has been good ever since. That was 2 years ago.

Good luck.

kriss45

Back to top Go down

Post by aragorn1 Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:22 am

Thanks for your input! I thought maybe the mag was getting hung up as the follower moved upward, on my last trip to range I oiled the inside of the mag, had no issues, worked flawlessly. I will try your idea on another mag though, makes sense.... thanks . My dealer and North Sylva are working with me, I'm expecting a new mag soon that North Sylva has tested and says should relieve the issue. Hopefully! My mag fits snugly into magwell, no extra room. Fun gun to shoot ! Love it
aragorn1
aragorn1

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinAgar Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:09 am

FYI Update....
the last 2 trips to the range has netted myself with a few crushed in bullets on the second to last rounds. I decided yesterday to also increase the spring tension by stretching the spring and making sure it is straight while also lubing up the inside. I will give it a try this weekend. I will also see if it does it also with Federal ammo and S& B ammo while ensuring the clip is firmly up to the top.... just for shits n giggles.
KevinAgar
KevinAgar

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinAgar Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:16 am

FYI... just to let others know.... If you want all the accessories for your Kriss... you can get the 2 side Picatiny rails on Amazon.ca for about 24 bucks and I also got the Kriss Flashlight with pressure switch on there too for about 70 bucks.... looks great with additional foregrip and all.
KevinAgar
KevinAgar

Back to top Go down

Post by aragorn1 Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:45 pm

There's something very unusual about the gun, everyone starts out the same, works flawlessly.  Then after a few visits to the range the crunched bullets and FTF second last round starts.  Everyone seems baffled by it, and kriss seems mum about it.  The entire thing is weird to say the least.  The first time I  tried oiling inside the mag I had no issues whatsoever, thought I was onto something.  Yesterday was at range, 2 mags, three times used each, jam every time, all six times, always second last round.   GRrrrr.    About ready to melt it down and make something else out of the metal.    Another unusual aspect to this is that if I load up the mag and pull the trigger as fast as I can it never jams.  Is it just the semi auto CRBs having this issue??      Come on Kriss !   Either in Switzerland or Virginia..... WTF is the issue wtf Throw us a morsel of something to hope for
aragorn1
aragorn1

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinAgar Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:25 pm

well said.... i'm sure that they can afford a few thousand rounds to figure it out... so we don't have to. I too found that a fast trigger pull never seems to jam the bullets. All they need is a high speed camera and a few rounds to see where the bullet is prior to it being chambered. They need to step up to the plate or I will just have to fire 8 of the ten before reloading hahahhahaa
KevinAgar
KevinAgar

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinAgar Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:40 pm

found this on the net..... Glock mod.
www.justrightcarbines.com/uploads/Glock_Magazine_Spring_Modification.pdf]mod pdf
KevinAgar
KevinAgar

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinAgar Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:41 pm

oops... try this again...

http://www.justrightcarbines.com/uploads/Glock_Magazine_Spring_Modification.pdf
KevinAgar
KevinAgar

Back to top Go down

Post by aragorn1 Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:06 pm

lol. I did the same thing, loaded 8 rounds in the mag and shot only 5 , reloaded and resumed shooting. Dangerous though because this means there's always one in the tube and ready to be fired.. Range officers would not understand. I will try the mag spring adjustment though. Maybe these manufacturers should build their own damn mags and not rely on others. Still annoyed though that kriss is mum on the issue. Kudos to JR for examining the situation and issuing a bulletin
aragorn1
aragorn1

Back to top Go down

Post by bennypoo Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:11 pm

I just did the mod to one of my mags. I hope it works. Will be doing test asap

bennypoo

Back to top Go down

Post by aragorn1 Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:44 pm

I did all 3 of mine, report back Sunday , fingers crossed..... Again
aragorn1
aragorn1

Back to top Go down

Post by bennypoo Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:02 pm

off topic. any of you guys experiencing the bolt not being able to lock back after emptying a magazine? its been random for me. sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. wondering if its magazine related also.

bennypoo

Back to top Go down

Post by aragorn1 Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:11 pm

Rarely have had a magazine empty, usually jams, pull out clip and start over. Anytime I did empty a mag, only when loading mag with 3 or less rounds..... Yes, my bolt stayed open. You using one of the recommended ammo?
aragorn1
aragorn1

Back to top Go down

Post by bennypoo Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:52 pm

I'm using federal 230g. Maybe ill try some s&b.

bennypoo

Back to top Go down

Post by aragorn1 Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:30 am

Should be good with the federal, Ive used S&B, cycled ok (unless it was the second last round), but while sighting in to 85 yards i had several rounds go astray, none with the federal. Your Kriss new?, you've had it apart and give it a good cleaning?, regarding the bolt lock open. Lets hope that the magazine mods will mean the end of this thread.... Smile
aragorn1
aragorn1

Back to top Go down

Post by bennypoo Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:23 pm

I got it brand new off a CGN dealer. Took the gun apart cleaned and lubed twice. Im not sure if it needs a good break in but its frustrating when you pay for a such an expensive item and you still have to troubleshoot.

bennypoo

Back to top Go down

Post by aragorn1 Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:31 pm

No kidding, I hope the mag adjustment is a fix. It's a big issue when something this expensive works improperly. If this is a fix I'm happier than a pig in poo, I have spent a lot for the gun and several accessories, love the thing really. Pretty unique gun. Will know more tomorrow! I have also ordered different springs for the mags, someone else on here mentioned that as a possible fix. Bought a few springs for glock 21 mags from Wolff springs in Pennsylvania.
aragorn1
aragorn1

Back to top Go down

Post by bennypoo Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:46 pm

I'm putting my money on the mags, because what else could it be? All the parts are up to date from the older generations, so must be something glock did from factory.

bennypoo

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinAgar Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:28 pm

I will try the modification today.... But slightly different because the last coil on my spring is a half coil and the plastic follower doesn't sit well as shown with just that part bent. I bent a full coil up at the back. We will see how that works and I might do a mag exactly as shown too... Just to try.
KevinAgar
KevinAgar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next