KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sig Sauer SB15 Arm Brace On The Kriss Vector SDP Pistol *Updated 9/24/14-Mod Completed*

+11
goat_herder
TwigPig
quitekriss
adealyba
gadwallis
DEVILDG03
skullsoldier
PLATOONS8
AZ2000
Viveledead
Trace Kimber
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sig Sauer SB15 Arm Brace On The Kriss Vector SDP Pistol *Updated 9/24/14-Mod Completed* - Page 2 Empty Re: Sig Sauer SB15 Arm Brace On The Kriss Vector SDP Pistol *Updated 9/24/14-Mod Completed*

Post by CarlWinslo Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:47 pm

You should also be aware that the atf has changed their stance on shouldering sig braces and it makes it an SBR if doing so. I just put a gen 2 sig brace on the day before they did this and am filling out my form 1 now.

CarlWinslo

Back to top Go down

Sig Sauer SB15 Arm Brace On The Kriss Vector SDP Pistol *Updated 9/24/14-Mod Completed* - Page 2 Empty Re: Sig Sauer SB15 Arm Brace On The Kriss Vector SDP Pistol *Updated 9/24/14-Mod Completed*

Post by theviolin3 Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:17 pm

what about shouldering just a buffer tube, no brace? like if i had a long buffer tube on my ar pistol could i stick the tube against my shoulder?

theviolin3

Back to top Go down

Post by MadDogDan Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:32 pm

theviolin3 wrote:what about shouldering just a buffer tube, no brace? like if i had a long buffer tube on my ar pistol could i stick the tube against my shoulder?

On an AR Pistol "yes" on a Kriss SDP pistol "no".  The reason is the buffer tube on the SDP is not crucial to the pistol's function.  The tube on the SDP is an add-on accessory that BATFE will view as a stock if shouldered but not if used as a stabilizing arm brace as originally designed.  The buffer tube on an AR Pistol is necessary for it to function and therefore if you pull the bare tube into your shoulder it does not make it a stock.  The brace is "not" necessary to the function of an AR Pistol and therefor if shouldered it then becomes classified as a stock but again not a stock if used as designed.

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2