Can a short barrel be ordered for the carbine?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can a short barrel be ordered for the carbine?

Post by TechByJosh on Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:35 pm

I would like to order the 5.5" barrel for the long barrel I have now. Is this possible?

TechByJosh

Back to top Go down

Re: Can a short barrel be ordered for the carbine?

Post by bolus on Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:01 pm

Best to send it back to Kriss to do the barrel swap for you. Apparently the barrel is pressed into the receiver in a way that it is very difficult to remove and there is a good chance attempting it will damage the gun. Barrel removal isnt even covered in the armorer's guide kriss released.

bolus

Back to top Go down

Post by quitekriss on Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:48 am

almost sent this and couldnt help but to tell you about NFA laws, ONLY because you were asking a simply searched question...not that im not guilty of the same but i do try.
you cant change a rifle to a pistol without paperwork. which means even if you take your stock off and sell it, it's still a rifle as it was made a rifle and cant change to a pistol.

dont know if youre doing an sbr or what but there is also another way, have a gunsmith cut and thread (if you want threads again, but you will NEED a recrown) the barrel to your desired length.
only thing its a bit tricky on the kriss making sure the threads are concentric, again if you ever plan on using them.
theres a post on the form for contacting a smith that apparently already has everything set up to do it.
as you now know its not a usual job
im just looking for a re-thread though, as the kriss threads are european.
WHY KRISS!? WHY...
i digress
i googled the guy and couldnt come up with much, i was just a little apprehensive sending my lower in the mail without meeting them/no info.
i happened across a local smith that has done it before, and is from what i can tell is very reputable.
class3machining
on their facebook feed around sept.10-18 it had pics of them doing a few things to a kriss.
shipping is only $10 and a normal thread is $50

disclamer im in no way affiliated with these guys just passing on info!

ill probably post a new thread to make sure ppl see it

quitekriss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum