KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My SBR Rebuilt last week after 32,000 rds

2 posters

Go down

My SBR Rebuilt last week after 32,000 rds Empty My SBR Rebuilt last week after 32,000 rds

Post by zerofixer Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:35 pm

I got My SBR back after a rebuild last week, It was at 32k rounds and it was having many FTF's & FTE's, and to a point that it was not fun to shoot anymore! it got many new parts the only thing not replaced was the barrel & the side plates, they also found the 2 sliding lugs on the back of the bolt cracked, Now it is working better than new, the Ejection pattern is stronger and the fired cases leave the Ejection port with more force, they did the trigger group rebuild with a new hammer / new bolt & slider & spring & buffer / polished the feed ramp / new upper & lower plastics & folding stock / upper sight rail... I ran 700 rds through it this past Saturday & it ran very good it had only (2) FTE's but it was the ammo (1) of the rounds felt as if it was low on a powder charge & (1) round had a split in the case, all of the ammo I used Saturday was FED 230gr ball.. I hope it keeps working good, as we all know here at Kriss Talk the weapons cost much money but have many issues we all read about

zerofixer

Back to top Go down

My SBR Rebuilt last week after 32,000 rds Empty Re: My SBR Rebuilt last week after 32,000 rds

Post by Ezveedub Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:42 pm

How long did this work take? Was it all warranty repairs?

Ezveedub

Back to top Go down

My SBR Rebuilt last week after 32,000 rds Empty Kriss-USA turn around

Post by zerofixer Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:01 am

I took it up to Kirss-USA monday morning 12/8/14 and got it back thursday 12/11/14, so around 2 days. The repairs were all the up grades, it has not been up to the shop sense 2010, when I got mine in early 2008 it had some issues but they always fixed it for me, I kept them a round count log and I would list the problems that I was having and sent them pictures of the FTF's & FTE's, they did some temp mods and installed a few different production test parts for me to test and for that I got a life time repair & warranty. I have been up there from time to time seen the place, talked to the staff gave them my opnions, they have been good to me, I live 2 miles away so it is easy for me to go up there

zerofixer

Back to top Go down

My SBR Rebuilt last week after 32,000 rds Empty Re: My SBR Rebuilt last week after 32,000 rds

Post by Ezveedub Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:26 am

Oh, ok. I originally was going to send my SDP to them for SBR conversion, but shipping and ETA for return was not reasonable, so I did everything myself. I have to contact them tomorrow to see if any updated parts for the hammer or springs are available, as my Kriss is having issues with light primer strikes with PPU & Fiocchi 45 ACP it seems. After feeling the hammer strength, it feels weak IMO compared to other 45 ACP firearms. Same ammo that had light primer strikes, fired in 1911s no problem.

Ezveedub

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down