KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PNW Arms KRISS Accuracy Test

+6
Mushinto
dhshammer
Solscud007
actionlou
mambro
PNWArms
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PNW Arms KRISS Accuracy Test - Page 2 Empty Re: PNW Arms KRISS Accuracy Test

Post by CatMostFeared Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:31 pm

excellent write up thanks Allen
CatMostFeared
CatMostFeared
Admin

http://www.krisstalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alcat Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:35 pm

Thanks for reading and being a part of this forum!
More to follow.
alcat
alcat

Back to top Go down

PNW Arms KRISS Accuracy Test - Page 2 Empty Kriss accuracy at 50 yards

Post by alcat Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:09 pm

Solscud007 wrote:Thanks Allen, I appreciate you checking this out. My range is very limited as well in terms of shooting. While I understand that this gun was designed to be shot within 25 yds, that is like saying a Honda Civic is only designed to go 65 mph. BS. Push it to it's limits. Why do what they say? As many others have said, a handgun can get pretty good groups at 50 yds..

Anyway I look forward to your results.

I have some news for all the great people on this site. I just came in from setting up my range for 50 yard shooting. The test results were good to me...no 5 group touching as in the 25 yard test, but the 1 1/2 groups to me were highly acceptable. Did the Kriss throw a round here and there? Yes. But, I have the photos to show what the Carbine is capable of. The ammo I used was a combination of Winchester military match and PMP South African junk. It didn't seem to matter when switching ammo referring to group size but the point of impact changed. Always be certain that you bench the Kriss on the foregrip and not the barrel shroud as this could make a difference due to the play between the two halves that are pinned.
One must get used to the two stage trigger but it is ok when you get used to it. Did I throw a couple of rounds here and there? Yes, but the Kriss is probably capable of better than I did as the factory recommends Speer Lawman 230 gr. My Aimpoint is nothing fancy...a few years old as in the military issue and not the compact model. Just make sure you use a small MOA if you want to shoot 50+ yards. Also remember that when sighting your Kriss in for 25 yards, it will shoot high at 50 yards. I had to turn the Aimpoint 50 sum clicks to come near the bullseye. Now I need some help in posting pics.
Thanks to all the great Americans that subscribe to this site and a special thanks to my friend Nicholas Chen for all of his efforts. Pics coming soon.
alcat
alcat

Back to top Go down

Post by alcat Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:12 pm

Here is my KRISS setup. You can see the Aimpoint

PNW Arms KRISS Accuracy Test - Page 2 Dsc01710

Now onto the business at hand.
PNW Arms KRISS Accuracy Test - Page 2 Allen_10
PNW Arms KRISS Accuracy Test - Page 2 Allen_11
alcat
alcat

Back to top Go down

Post by actionlou Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:27 pm

Great job alcat,

I hope that my gun shoots that good when I get it back from Kriss. I too am dealing with Charlie and he has been a pleasure to deal with.
I will keep you guys posted .

Lou

actionlou

Back to top Go down

PNW Arms KRISS Accuracy Test - Page 2 Empty Kriss acuracy

Post by alcat Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:36 pm

All the folks that I have dealt with at Kriss are top notch and really care about your firearm. Charlie and Ben know their stuff and won't steer you wrong. Evan is also a great guy to deal with insofar as marketing ideas, ordering parts, etc. Dealing with the people at Kriss is about as far opposite as having a computer problem and trying to understand someone from India as you can get! Long live "made in America"!
alcat
alcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mushinto Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:43 am

THAT group is highly acceptable. Thank you alcat.

ML

Mushinto

Back to top Go down

Post by CatMostFeared Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:06 pm

Shooting like a top shot
CatMostFeared
CatMostFeared
Admin

http://www.krisstalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alcat Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:12 pm

Thanks! Just trying to help a lot of good folks out.
alcat
alcat

Back to top Go down

PNW Arms KRISS Accuracy Test - Page 2 Empty Accuracy results II

Post by alcat Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:20 pm

Today, I went for round 2 of shooting the Kriss at 50 yards. The first thing that I did was to take a 1/2 inch I.D. rubber grommet, cut it in half and place the half on the portion of the barrel where the top plastic leg connected to the upper meets the barrel. This virtually eliminated all the side play and tightened up the front pin. Much to my surprise, this had no affect on group sizes...just made the Kriss shoot a foot low as I raised the front of the upper half. Kill that theory of shimming. I am, however, retracting a statement that I made yesterday when I said that the cheap South African ammo seemed to shoot about the same groups as the American Winchester. The impact points were different and the grouping was much worse with the outsourced ammo. It was not a good day for shooting here as the wind gusts were 20+ out of the west and I am shooting to the north. All things considered, I am still satisfied with my Kriss at 50 yards. The big lesson learned today is that when shooting your Kriss, make sure your Eotech is working properly and, AMMO IS EVERYTHING!
Happy Easter.
alcat
alcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:06 pm

Allen when you get a chance could you try the again with the shroud off. I'm curious if the zero is just off but the groupings are the same.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:14 pm

I posted all the group shot tests in one sticky. Alcat shot two more 50 yd tests with WWB and some crap South African ammo. The results are in the new thread.

http://www.krisstalk.com/t171-kriss-vector-grouping#1399
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by kriss45 Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:32 pm

I have the Canadian Carbine 18.5" barrel and my groups are similar. AM 230gr Fmj's gave me a 2", 5 shot group at 40 yards indoors. My cx4 9mm does about 25% better on average but it has a heavy stainless high quality barrel on it. I am pleased with the accuracy and I don't notice much play between the upper and lower since there seems to be a big steel lug from the lower that slides into the upper and guides the top upper holding pin just perfectly.
For those who think they might have to shim theirs or somehow stabilize the 2 halfs there seems to be a lot of good easy ways of doing so without much effort. Someone could even fabricate a quick release bracket that could bond the side or bottom rail to the upper rail and still provide rail support for lasers or hand grips.

kriss45

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2