KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kriss Vector SDP legal for California?

5 posters

Go down

Kriss Vector SDP legal for California? Empty Kriss Vector SDP legal for California?

Post by ItsAllCreated Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:03 pm

With a 10Rnd Mag... would there be any reason why the Vector SDP wouldnt be legal in California?

ItsAllCreated

Back to top Go down

Kriss Vector SDP legal for California? Empty Re: Kriss Vector SDP legal for California?

Post by ItsAllCreated Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:49 pm

OK from what I read it is Legal with a 10Rnd Mag & they have a Bullet Button. I don't know what the heck a bullet button is but I see that Kriss is making Vectors with them installed.

If anyone has any info to add please do

thx!

ItsAllCreated

Back to top Go down

Kriss Vector SDP legal for California? Empty Re: Kriss Vector SDP legal for California?

Post by CatMostFeared Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:27 am

California law prohibits An AR from having adetachable magazine
If it has a pistol grip, telescoping stock or any number ofother common
Features, a bullet button is often used to replace the typical
Mag release. In order to eject the mag, the bullet button
Requires the operator to use a tool, such as the tip of a bullet
To depress the recessed spring mechanism contained bullet button
Housing, making mag changes slow and a pain in the ass
CatMostFeared
CatMostFeared
Admin

http://www.krisstalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:17 am

ItsAllCreated wrote:With a 10Rnd Mag... would there be any reason why the Vector SDP wouldnt be legal in California?

Im not sure about Cali but I heard SDP is not quite kosher here in NY state. The fact that the magazine is not in the grip is a no no. But this is rumor. I havent looked into it. You need a license just to touch and shoot a pistol. It just so happens that the license also allows you to own one. But I cant even touch a pistol without one. Lame.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by CatMostFeared Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:05 pm

What do you have to do to get a license ?
CatMostFeared
CatMostFeared
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:18 pm

CatMostFeared wrote:What do you have to do to get a license ?

Well the biggest hurdle is the 4 references. They must know me for more than 2 years and live in my county. That is the hardest part. I dont know 4 people that live in my county.

Im going to try anyway. I have one friend that lives in my county, my wife's boss lives in my county, and then my co-worker and another friend that works in my county but lives outside it.

I figure i can appeal to the judge and possibly reason with him.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by CatMostFeared Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:56 am

Put me down I'll say I know one Very Happy
CatMostFeared
CatMostFeared
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juicy360 Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:04 pm

It's my understanding after reading the CA AW Ban, any pistol with a detachable mag outside the pistol grip is considered a AW in CA and therefore banned. Having a 10 rnd fixed mag outside the grip is OK.

Also when I received my CA SDP the mag was pinned to make it a single shot. I was told this is because there is a CA list of approved handguns and anything not on that list cannot be sold by a dealer (though private party sales are fine) unless it is a single shot. However owning an SDP with 10 round fixed mag is OK. Go figure.

juicy360

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi380 Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:07 pm

Is it even possible to load the magazine through the ejection port, or would you have to field-strip the gun?? wtf
Jedi380
Jedi380

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:08 pm

Jedi380 wrote:Is it even possible to load the magazine through the ejection port, or would you have to field-strip the gun?? wtf

Bullet button. since you need to use a tool to remove the magazine, it is technically NOT a detachable magazine.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi380 Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:24 pm

D'oh! Forgot that twisted little detail!

I am SOOO happy I don't live in Kommiefornia!
Jedi380
Jedi380

Back to top Go down

Post by juicy360 Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:26 pm

Right, bullet button makes it a fixed mag and thus not an evil AW. You use a tool to remove it, load it, and "affix" it back into the weapon. I doubt you could load it through the ejection port.

juicy360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down