KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Jay in FL

3 posters

Go down

Hello from Jay in FL Empty Hello from Jay in FL

Post by jayrod Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:54 pm

Hello everyone I am new here. I do not own a Kriss right now but I may have one soon. I joined to meet others who share this intrest and to maybe meet some people to shoot with. I have recently found a place to shoot which was hard to find down her in FL. I wanted to be able to shoot not just paper that to me is boring. So I found a place to shoot steel, water jugs, cans, or whatever I can think of as long as I can clean up the mess Very Happy I want to have an SBR so I set up a trust and just wanted to make sure if I buy the pistol I can 1 make it an sbr and 2 find the parts I need without any trouble.

jayrod

Back to top Go down

Hello from Jay in FL Empty Re: Hello from Jay in FL

Post by CatMostFeared Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:43 am

Welcome aboard Jay and yes you can make the pistol into a SBR
Have you get your tax stamp approved?
CatMostFeared
CatMostFeared
Admin

http://www.krisstalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jayrod Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:12 am

no I have just finished the trust. do you know how long they are taking these days for the stamp to come in? Do you know where to buy the parts (stock) to make the pistol to an sbr? I checked the Kriss home page but I don't see it on there...

jayrod

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:15 am

There are some others going the same route as you. Just check the threads in the forum.

I highly recommend that you check out USPSA shooting matches and join a shooting club. You will meet all sorts of people. I am fortunate to find like minded people. But some members in my club are fat and lazy. They are shooting unsafely and feel indignation when we alert them to it.

Just last Sunday I was at a local match.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83t_ft_yc2k

Watch the first stage in my video. You see me shoot the three small steel plates. They are 3 inch in diameter. One guy sucks so much that he was shooting over the berm and into the hill behind. There are residences a mile or so behind that hill. One of the Range Officers saw him miss twice and shoot into that hill. One after the other. So he stopped the shooter and disqualified him. The shooter didn't think there was anything wrong with that.

I just recently got my NY Pistol license. So normally I would be shooting with my KRISS Vector Carbine. Like in this video below.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLlwSSnD8fE

Anyway check out USPSA.org and look for local shooting clubs that host matches. Go and shoot. It is a LOT of fun. You build up your skills and meet some cool people.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum