Another New Guy!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another New Guy!

Post by bslepko on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:54 pm

Great site. Read through this site before I bought and convinced me to get Vector (CA CRB version).

Had it a few weeks and put a few hundred rounds through, awesome!

Let my 9 year old son shoot it the other weekend and he was thrilled. This is the first "big gun" he's gotten to shoot, limited to .22LR so far (now he's never going back).

I do have a question (is this the right place?). Installed the SureFire kit today and when I put it back together noticed a significant gap between the upper and lower near the barrel on the right side, see phot. I searched the forum and found some discussion in the Accuracy thread but was unclear whether this was a defect that needed to be fixed or just the way it is.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks and planning to be active here.

Brian

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

bslepko

Back to top Go down

Re: Another New Guy!

Post by mambro on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:27 am

bslepko wrote:I do have a question (is this the right place?). Installed the SureFire kit today and when I put it back together noticed a significant gap between the upper and lower near the barrel on the right side, see photo. I searched the forum and found some discussion in the Accuracy thread but was unclear whether this was a defect that needed to be fixed or just the way it is.
Hi Brian, congrats on the CRB and welcome to the forum! welcome1

I don't think that gap only on the right is something I've seen mentioned here before. Odd that it's only on one side. If you slide the SF adapter back out, does the right side come back down? Happening only on one side doesn't really fit my theory of the SF adapter making contact with the barrel shroud and "lifting" it up a little. scratch

While it's certainly OK to ask questions in your "Welcome" post, it just may not get as many eyes on it as it would if posted in the "KRISS Talk" section. Smile
mambro
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by bslepko on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:40 am

Thanks for the welcome!

I did check and the adapter is not contacting the barrel shroud, I can push down and close it pretty easily.

Since I've introduced myself now perhaps I' ll post in the "Kriss Talk" forum.

Brian

bslepko

Back to top Go down

Post by CatMostFeared on Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:49 am

welcome1 welcome1 welcome1
CatMostFeared
Admin

http://www.krisstalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:21 am