KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone use BVAC or Aguila ?

4 posters

Go down

Anyone use BVAC or Aguila ? Empty Anyone use BVAC or Aguila ?

Post by Undrpsi Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:24 am

Yes, I did a search. Yes, I checked the 'approved' list on Kriss.

Wondering if anyone has tried BVAC 230 JHP or Aguila 230 FMJ ?

These run about $19/50 in bulk. I hand load but was looking for inexpensive factory ammo for break in.

WWB 100 round 230 FMJ runs @$21/50 at Wallyworld. Lawman 230/FMJ runs about the same on COTD.

OR...does anyone know of anything cheaper that is good enough quality to get the job done? PMC, if you can find it, sometimes runs $15-$16/50...but every time I have the cash to pick up a 1000 rounds it's sold out.

Thanks

Undrpsi
Undrpsi
Undrpsi

Back to top Go down

Anyone use BVAC or Aguila ? Empty Re: Anyone use BVAC or Aguila ?

Post by Undrpsi Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:47 am

(bump)

Also, checked local Wallyworld again. WWB is $39.80 per 100 rounds before tax. I see lot's of y'all are using it with no problems?

Undrpsi
Undrpsi

Back to top Go down

Post by mambro Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:28 am

Undrpsi wrote:I see lot's of y'all are using it with no problems?
So far so good for me with WWB. This data nugget goes back to 2010 when I called KRISS USA and asked about ammo, but here it is... The advice I was given was "be careful" with it. In early January 2010, of the 2000 (or so) Vectors shipped out 12 of them had been sent back to KRISS USA for a squib round in the barrel. Of the 12, 10 of them were WWB.

I'm guessing that would be one of the reasons WWB is not on the approved list as well as the amount of fouling.

beers
mambro
mambro
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooky56 Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

I bought some Aguila to cheaply range shoot through my Glock. It was useless. Some rounds would hit way short, then an occaisional, extra hot one would zip through. Extremely inconsistant. Worthless for hitting anything. Not sure how they'ld be in a longer barrel.

Mooky56

Back to top Go down

Post by Undrpsi Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:28 am

Well, as I posted earlier in another thread...

Shot 300 rounds of WWB, followed by 100 rounds of Tulla, and finally 100 rounds of my usual 230 grain handloads.

ONE FTL...had a case with a bend in it that caused it stovepipe. Pretty sure it was a factory bend because it looked old and had no bright shiny brass where the bolt would have grabbed it and done the damage. It was Winchester.

THe Tulla, while obviously not loaded as hot as the WWB or my handloads, functioned just fine. Cycled easily and was accurate enough for range use. My handloads are mid-range typical 230 grain and functioned well also.

My .02 worth...and no, I don't shoot Tulla all the time...this was just a test..

Undrpsi
Undrpsi
Undrpsi

Back to top Go down

Post by AZ2000 Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:40 pm

I have fired about 600 rnds of BVAC 230 rn nose and had no problems.
AZ2000
AZ2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum