KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EOTECH PLACEMENT - Your config share results.

4 posters

Go down

EOTECH PLACEMENT - Your config share results. Empty EOTECH PLACEMENT - Your config share results.

Post by J3L Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:13 am

I've played around with the placement of my eotech xps-3 a fare amount. I've never been a fan of far end mounting. I settled on mounting as far rearward as possible. Actually I figured, I makes sense to put the reticule to essentially be right above my trigger finger. That way my brain is somehow in sync with the hand eye coordination. It just seemed natural to line the two up in accordance with one another.

What have you ladies and gents discovered in your testing?

Lay out some detail, be scientific please.
J3L
J3L

Back to top Go down

EOTECH PLACEMENT - Your config share results. Empty Re: EOTECH PLACEMENT - Your config share results.

Post by nih Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:26 pm

the only thing i have ever read that actually had "scientific" credit is that the vertical distance from the center of barrel to the red dot is different at the same zero distance depending on placement. somewhat hard to describe but your eye, the red dot and the target are one line. that line intersects w/ the path of the bullet at your zero.

so when you move the optic forward and backwards you are basically putting that dot on the line that goes from your eye to the target as you zero. As you move the optic closer or farther from your eye that dot is not always on that site line. so what happens is the site is to far forward for the adjustment to zero the optic. there is a limit of adjustment and optic placement can be a reason you max out the optics adjustment.

(the other big reason for maxxing out your optics adjustment is the ring height, the greater the distance between reticle and barrel the more adjustment you need at a shorter distance for zero)

hope that was somewhat clear, that said i like red dots forward, i think they are easier to pick up and obstructs field of view less but in the end as long as you can zero, its personal preference.

nih

Back to top Go down

EOTECH PLACEMENT - Your config share results. Empty Re: EOTECH PLACEMENT - Your config share results.

Post by J3L Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:26 am

That's some fine data, thanks for sharing.
J3L
J3L

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:42 am

I like my red dots, especially the Eotech as far back as possible. The window looks larger but the dot/circle stays the same size. I like to see more in the window and the borders get blurred out of focus. If I move it forward, the window gets smaller so the reticle appears bigger and I can see the borders more. Also I have to be exactly behind the sight the smaller it is. Close up allows more flexibility to my cheeking the stock.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by Xn0r Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:48 pm

Of course if you get a magnifier, it's sort of moot. On the Vector it'd push the EOTech pretty close to the front. But then, I'm not sure if a magnifier would be worth it on the vector.
Xn0r
Xn0r

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down