Gun ban or not

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gun ban or not

Post by CatMostFeared on Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:11 pm

Please have an open mind and go to the http below and watch the video to listen to an explanation of this rumor.
Lets keep gun and ammo prices down so dont panic. I believe last time Obama entered office there was a panic
and we drove are gun prices though the roof and took everything off the shelves.



avatar
CatMostFeared
Admin

Posts : 799
Join date : 2012-01-05
Age : 48
Location : Kentucky

http://www.krisstalk.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun ban or not

Post by nih on Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:21 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PXRbZOrAYQ

yes, its fictional show but all true, NRA are fearmongering, profit machine. stop supporting them. CEO making $900,000/year to corrupt our government in our interest.

nih

Posts : 177
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun ban or not

Post by Canman on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:03 pm

He will try though the court. Let him get one or God forbid two surpreme court judges we are screwed! Then the SHTF.

Canman

Posts : 53
Join date : 2012-10-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun ban or not

Post by CatMostFeared on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:02 pm

From my cold dead hands will they get my guns
avatar
CatMostFeared
Admin

Posts : 799
Join date : 2012-01-05
Age : 48
Location : Kentucky

http://www.krisstalk.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun ban or not

Post by cafox on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:28 am

I think we need sensible gun control laws that include closing the gun show loopholes. NRA nuts that refuse to have any discussion are probably not psychologically fit to own a gun. Just my opinion and I know it probably is not a popular one around here. I would not support taking guns from people that already have them.. and neither would Obama.

I have my guns, now the less people that get them from here on out is better for me. Less m-f's to take out if shtf. jk


cafox

Posts : 43
Join date : 2012-12-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun ban or not

Post by CatMostFeared on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:11 am

Lol
But you always give up right but never get anything back
So once it's gone it's gone that's way the NRA are hard ass
avatar
CatMostFeared
Admin

Posts : 799
Join date : 2012-01-05
Age : 48
Location : Kentucky

http://www.krisstalk.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun ban or not

Post by Legion2512 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:46 pm

Cat is right. If you start conceding (sp?) your rights you have lost them entirely. The NRA is definitely powered by profit, but in reality they have to be. Lawyers cost money and few to none will do anything for free.
avatar
Legion2512

Posts : 32
Join date : 2012-12-23
Location : Southwest Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun ban or not

Post by cafox on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:02 pm

I'm conceding the rights of nuts to get guns.... not my rights Smile And we did get them back when the assault weapons ban expired. I have a Vector and hopefully some 30rd mags to show for it.

I'm just saying let's have a discussion.. America is a democracy, so not to allow a discussion about better gun laws is anti-american imo. And I don't trust the NRA one bit.. actually I will never become a member because I feel like they corrupt our political system even more that it already is.

I think anyone that wants to buy a gun needs someone that is authorized and trained to do so to look them in the eye and say "Yep, ur a nut job.. I'm not selling you this gun." or "Ah, you seem ok, here go shoot some stuff." Not, a gun show under the table transaction or worse.. private party transactions.

I don't necessarily agree with assault weapons bans.. but in reality, i can do just as good with a 10rd mag as I can with a 30rd mag. But, if the majority of americans thinks thats going to keep their kids safe.. so be it. the 2nd amendment doesn't give us the right to have RPGs.. so I guess it doesn't necessarily give us the rights to have 30rd mags either.

I also fully support the gun buy-backs.. I doubt if even you guys will argue against that. Actually, a guns for crack program sounds interesting Smile This is the sort of non-partisan solution that can happen when people are willing to have a discussion. This is a big part of what is wrong with our government today.. too many people unwilling to discuss problem and solutions because they are unwilling to compromise.

I know.. it isn't popular here.. I seem like I'm a walking contradiction. But, I support america and democracy.. not the NRA. The slippery slope argument does go both ways, btw. I don't want kids to have rocket launchers.. I know that is what you really want! Very Happy

Well, at lease we have 2 sides represented here...

cafox

Posts : 43
Join date : 2012-12-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun ban or not

Post by AZ2000 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:57 am

Simple question, Cafox. You are willing to give up your and my rights as guaranteed by the constitution, because a plague of media mis-information or lack there of could have been used for sensationalism. Yes it is a terrible thing that has happened with the shootings, but let's look at some other numbers that include children and adults.

"Of the 5,474 killed because of distracted driving, 995 involved reports of a cell phone as a factor. However, the number of fatalities caused by cell phone use could be much higher. For those who were injured, 24,000 involved reports of cell phone use as a distraction." Statistics from 2009.

You say well that's cell phones, true and I say still Americans and a majority were innocent beings ie. children and adults dieing at a much higher number. You won't see this or read about it because it is an easily remedied problem, turn them off, however this surely is not worth what some consider a just cause, because it does not sell media time and draw in money, kinda like the NRA?
One difference, the NRA is fighting for us, the media is fighting for? Yes the NRA is a multimillion dollar corporation but quite frankly, in this day and age with our political climate, you can sit back and follow the crowd and slowly loose all your liberty's, or do what they do and fund for what you think is right. Just my .02, IMO
avatar
AZ2000

Posts : 197
Join date : 2012-08-09
Location : AZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun ban or not

Post by cafox on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:12 am

AZ2000 wrote:Simple question, Cafox. You are willing to give up your and my rights as guaranteed by the constitution, because a plague of media mis-information or lack there of could have been used for sensationalism. Yes it is a terrible thing that has happened with the shootings, but let's look at some other numbers that include children and adults.

I don't think the 2nd amendment gives us the right to carry any gun we desire, obtain that gun in any haphazard manner, carry bazookas, grenades etc... Here's your musket, consider the 2nd amendment satisified. Assualt weapons in the hands of civilians is a privelage, not necessarily a right. We can twist the words to mean whatever we want, I guess.

AZ2000 wrote:"Of the 5,474 killed because of distracted driving, 995 involved reports of a cell phone as a factor. However, the number of fatalities caused by cell phone use could be much higher. For those who were injured, 24,000 involved reports of cell phone use as a distraction." Statistics from 2009.

Sure cell phone use while driving is problematic, but I don't think anyone is falling for the "yeah, but look at all these other problems" argument. Can't we address both at the same time?

AZ2000 wrote:You say well that's cell phones, true and I say still Americans and a majority were innocent beings ie. children and adults dieing at a much higher number. You won't see this or read about it because it is an easily remedied problem, turn them off, however this surely is not worth what some consider a just cause, because it does not sell media time and draw in money, kinda like the NRA?
One difference, the NRA is fighting for us, the media is fighting for? Yes the NRA is a multimillion dollar corporation but quite frankly, in this day and age with our political climate, you can sit back and follow the crowd and slowly loose all your liberty's, or do what they do and fund for what you think is right. Just my .02, IMO

You kind of lost me here.. BUT, I don't see any cell phone fanatics screaming bloody murder about our right to text and drive. T-Mobile isn't fighting for this so it has been outlawed in most states I think.
It's funny that you bring up cell phones, since that is how I make my living... cell phone stores.

Again, let's open a dialog.. Can policy makers come together and put forth some sensible laws improving this situation? No, it won't happen with a gridlocked, filibustering congress.. so don't fret. The few (teaparty) control the many (reasonable people) and thus we are living in something other than a democracy.

We can't agree the crazy people or people at an elevated risk of shooting the sh@t out of someone should not be able to legally obtain a gun? Why can't the NRA agree to this simple idea?

BTW, thanks for being civil.. many people are not.
Chris

cafox

Posts : 43
Join date : 2012-12-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun ban or not

Post by TheStalker on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:41 am

What is the "gun show loop hole"? This is another term by people that dont know - smoke screen!

All laws are in force at a gun show. All federal, state and local laws apply. A firearms dealer is required to do a background check when he sells a gun -- inside a gun show or outside a gun show.

An individual who is not in the business of selling guns is not required to (in most states) -- inside a gun show or outside a gun show.

No difference in the law inside a gun show, so there is no "gun show loophole."

It's very simple - your either breaking the law or your not! And if you are breaking the law then you go to jail!

The 2nd Amendment is the only one that uses the "shall not be infringed" Why do you think that is? And why is it the most "infringed" Amendment?

I'm done "compromising" my "rights" until the government abides by the same laws!

Thomas Jefferson wrote, "Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry."

OBAMACARE - legal for the government to opt-out with no penalty, but illegal for the citizenry to opt-out with no penalty.

Previous AWB made legal only for LEO & government to have/use 30rnd magazines.

NOWHERE in the 2nd Amendment does it mention "NEED," "SPORTING," "HUNTING," "30rnd MAGAZINE," "AR," or "MUSKET"! For the same reason the first amendment doesn't mention "Christianity," "Islam," "CNN," "FOX," or "ABC/CBS/NBC News."

The Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution to be taken literally, without interpretation. Now, some 236 years later people cant comprehend it!

You already have The Patriot Act and NDAA eroding the rest of our Rights.

Guns are one of, if not the most regulated thing in the US. Starting with the National Firearms Act (NFA) of 1934 (Title 2 of the Federal Firearms Laws) to the Gun Control Act (GCA) of 1968 (Title 1 of the Federal Firearms laws) to the Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986 (FOPA) - the Machine-gun Ban and revised GCA of 1968 to the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 - commonly referred to as the subtitled parts - Federal Assault Weapons Ban (AWB) or Public safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act.

Now, depending on how you count, there are anywhere between 300 and over 20,000 laws and regulations on guns from local all the way to the federal level! Pretty amazing for "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

People need to get educated!

Chris
avatar
TheStalker

Posts : 72
Join date : 2012-12-01
Age : 43
Location : Jacksonville, NC - Dubai, UAE

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun ban or not

Post by cafox on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:19 am

Yes, the gun show loophole and private sales are basically the same thing and I think everyone knows that.. but both are bad. It should be regulated.

I guess by your agrument we should all carry any gun we want? Is it ok fo ME to have a rocket launcher per your interpretaion of the 2nd amendment? YES. That just doesn't make sense... sensible gun laws are the answer.

I'm not sure I feel any more "educated" since you copy and pasted in all that stuff.. but let me educate you on why you should like Obamacare and the individual mandate to have health insurace. (by copy and pasting)

A little history first... "From its inception, the idea of an individual mandate was championed by Republican politicians as a free-market approach to health-care reform. The individual mandate was felt to resonate with conservative principles of individual responsibility, and conservative groups recognized that the healthcare market was unique. Stuart Butler, an early supporter of the individual mandate at the Heritage Foundation, wrote:

"If a young man wrecks his Porsche and has not had the foresight to obtain insurance, we may commiserate, but society feels no obligation to repair his car. But health care is different. If a man is struck down by a heart attack in the street, Americans will care for him whether or not he has insurance.""

Thus, we the taxpayers pay for dumbasses that CHOOSE not to have insurace.. And doesn't that make them a FREELOADER? We don't like freeloaders do we? People that can't afford insurance or people that got screwed out of insurance coverage by evil insurance companies are not freeloaders, however...

Just because someone doesn't agree with your ideals doesn't mean they are uneducated.. far from it.

People need to get ASSIMILATED! (Think about it)

-Chris




Last edited by cafox on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total

cafox

Posts : 43
Join date : 2012-12-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun ban or not

Post by cafox on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:20 am

Nobody? Nobody is on my side of this debate? Feel free to chime in...

TheStalker wrote: The Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution to be taken literally, without interpretation. Now, some 236 years later people cant comprehend it!

Isn't interpreting the Consitution one of the main purposes of the Supreme Court? I don't want to use the word "uneducated" but, your statement is incorrect.


Here.. edudate yourself on the fact that the Constitution IS open for interpretation.. Princeton University (and almost all others) offers a whole class on it:
Politics 315 Constitutional Interpretation

Sorry, I get a little sensitve when poeple say crap like "people need to get educated" I think you meant "people need to get assimilated to my ideals."

-Chirs
(No, my goal is not be the first person actually shot with a Kriss Vector... if you were wondering.)


Last edited by cafox on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total

cafox

Posts : 43
Join date : 2012-12-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun ban or not

Post by TheStalker on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:48 am

Yes, the gun show loophole and private sales are basically the same thing and I think everyone knows that.. but both are bad. It should be regulated.

- Here is copy & paste for you -

loophole [ˈluːpˌhəʊl]
n
1. an ambiguity, omission, etc., as in a law, by which one can avoid a penalty or responsibility
*http://www.thefreedictionary.com/loophole

Gun show Loopholes and private sales are not the same thing because there is no gun show loophole! What law(s) are they trying to get around/avoid if its not illegal to sell privately without a background check (depending on state)? They are both regulated by local, state and federal laws. What you are better off arguing for is private gun sales to require the same NICS check as licensees follow, not some smoke and mirrors "Gun show loophole" that doesn't exist.

I guess by your agrument we should all carry any gun we want? Is it ok fo ME to have a rocket launcher per your interpretaion of the 2nd amendment? YES. That just doesn't make sense... sensible gun laws are the answer.

- Like I said, there are anywhere between 300 to 20,000+ local, state and federal gun laws on the books. You can look them up if you want. They are the ones I copy and pasted in my previous post. If you fit into them, then no, I dont have a problem with you having rocket launcher for whatever reason you want.

I'm not sure I feel any more "educated" since you copy and pasted in all that stuff.. but let me educate you on why you should like Obamacare and the individual mandate to have health insurace. (by copy and pasting)

A little history first... "From its inception, the idea of an individual mandate was championed by Republican politicians as a free-market approach to health-care reform. The individual mandate was felt to resonate with conservative principles of individual responsibility, and conservative groups recognized that the healthcare market was unique. Stuart Butler, an early supporter of the individual mandate at the Heritage Foundation, wrote:

"If a young man wrecks his Porsche and has not had the foresight to obtain insurance, we may commiserate, but society feels no obligation to repair his car. But health care is different. If a man is struck down by a heart attack in the street, Americans will care for him whether or not he has insurance.""

Thus, we the taxpayers pay for dumbasses that CHOOSE not to have insurace.. And doesn't that make them a FREELOADER? We don't like freeloaders do we? People that can't afford insurance or people that got screwed out of insurance coverage by evil insurance companies are not freeloaders, however...

- OK, you went off on your own slaes pitch for OBAMACARE. Not sure how that has anything to do with what I posted, in being tyrannical.

Just because someone doesn't agree with your ideals doesn't mean they are uneducated.. far from it.

- You said that not me. I just said people need to get educate.

Chris
avatar
TheStalker

Posts : 72
Join date : 2012-12-01
Age : 43
Location : Jacksonville, NC - Dubai, UAE

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun ban or not

Post by cafox on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:01 am

Sematics.. The phrase "gun show loophole" doesn't refer to poeple circumventing any law.. it refers to people buying guns a shows without a background check. Think TAX Loophole.. it isn't illegal but everyone knows it's working the flawed system to your advantage to circumvent the system's intended purpose. So, people that say gun show loophole are, in fact, arguing for all private sales in all states to require a background check.

I guess gun show loophole was coined because that it where a lot of this activaity takes place and it is more easily contollable than private sales? It doesn't matter.. we are on the same page now.

Do you advocate background checks for private sales?

btw, you did mention Obamacare. but it's ok.. let's talk guns.


cafox

Posts : 43
Join date : 2012-12-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun ban or not

Post by TheStalker on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:30 am

Nobody? Nobody is on my side of this debate? Feel free to chime in...

-I agree on keeping guns out of the hands of crazy people. However, it's how we determine who is and isn't crazy and level of government involvement.

TheStalker wrote: The Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution to be taken literally, without interpretation. Now, some 236 years later people cant comprehend it!

-I refer to the original authors when they say it is to taken literally without interpretation.

Isn't interpreting the Consitution one of the main purposes of the Supreme Court? I don't want to use the word "uneducated" but, your statement is incorrect.

-See above.

Here.. edudate yourself on the fact that the Constitution IS open for interpretation.. Princeton University (and almost all others) offers a whole class on it:
Politics 315 Constitutional Interpretation

-See above.

Sorry, I get a little sensitve when poeple say crap like "people need to get educated" I think you meant "people need to get assimilated to my ideals."

-Again you said that and not me by trying to interpret my mean when I said people need to get educated.

- The whole point of me making that statement was your "gun show loophole" comment.

-Chirs
(No, my goal is not be the first person actually shot with a Kriss Vector... if you were wondering.)

-I hope not, as I wish no harm to you or anyone else.

Do you advocate background checks for private sales?

I'm not against it. i had to do it legally purchase my guns! Now, registration is a different story!

btw, you did mention Obamacare. but it's ok.. let's talk guns.

-Only as an example government tyranny, not my view on it.

Chris
avatar
TheStalker

Posts : 72
Join date : 2012-12-01
Age : 43
Location : Jacksonville, NC - Dubai, UAE

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun ban or not

Post by TheStalker on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:09 am

cafox wrote:People need to get ASSIMILATED! (Think about it)

You changed this from "HINGED" to "ASSIMILATED," just want to know what you think I need to get "ASSIMILATED" to.

Chris
avatar
TheStalker

Posts : 72
Join date : 2012-12-01
Age : 43
Location : Jacksonville, NC - Dubai, UAE

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun ban or not

Post by Legion2512 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:22 am

no. I really don't think anyone agrees with you here on this.

you said you can carry a rocket launcher under the 2nd amendment. In response to that I think you should. If you are mentally stable enough there shouldn't be any concern really although its somewhat impractical.

As for the rest. What "sensible" gun law would you suggest? Fixing a problem by throwing more laws at it doesn't fix an issue it just tends to muck it up deeper.

Youre all about keeping your rights to own a gun while a-ok with taking away someone elses rights. maybe you should get rid of your Vector and get a nice safe gun that wont take more than 10 rds.

Now before you go down that road, no I don't think people with severe mental issues should have a gun, ( note: by severe mental I mean psychotic delusional)
but how does one differentiate? unless you are a psychic you cant. You yourself have made a few comments that could me misconstrued as unstable. and just cause you add a j/k after doesnt change it really.

" have my guns, now the less people that get them from here on out is better for me. Less m-f's to take out if shtf. jk "

"I don't necessarily agree with assault weapons bans.. but in reality, i can do just as good with a 10rd mag as I can with a 30rd mag."

by your own ideas you should go turn in your guns now.
avatar
Legion2512

Posts : 32
Join date : 2012-12-23
Location : Southwest Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun ban or not

Post by cafox on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:34 pm

Hinged.. I thought it was a little too mean. So, I changed it to assimilated which was kind of a joke. Meaning that you need to fall in line with my way of thinking. But, I said it in a mocking sort of way.. not that I think that.. but, you think that. The joke is a little complex. It's best just to forget it since it is a distraction.

My simple point is that we need to require a background check for all gun transactions... and I think you agree with that. That includes gun show transactions.. (I did'nt say loophole, since I think you don't like that word?)
I think we both agree on this. And that is what I'm advocating.

We also agree that crazy people should not have guns. Background checks for everyone buying a gun, private sale or otherwise would be a step in the right direction to preventing this. We could probably figure out some other ways to improve this system if a discussion could occur on the topic.

So, there is common ground... Let's start there.

My comments are unstable? You just can't take a joke... But if I said something like that during a background check to get a rocket lanucher, then please don't give me one... joking or not.

I'm just happy to see some movement to the middle from your side. I truly did not think it was possible.

Chris









cafox

Posts : 43
Join date : 2012-12-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun ban or not

Post by AZ2000 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:20 pm

cafox noticed you do not have a state of residence on your post and reading your persuasive statements, I would say you are somewhat educated.

Do you truly own any firearms, or just enjoy posting your opinions on boards?
The constituition was written to ensure we as Americans, do not go back to being servants. If that is one's choice so be it, it is not mine.

Removal of our rights is like a cancer, once it starts it will continue with a predictable ending. I choose not to be part of the desease.

The constitution was written at a time when men knew what they were facing and as has been noted , history will repeat itself.

Were you aware that all over our country, military from outside the United States, have been training in urban areas to sharpen their crowd control and populace tactic's, do you know why when these countries have their own urban area's to practice in?

Disassociation, if you want to control a people you must have no one with personal ties or alligence, only people who follow orders.

You may be saying another nut job theorist, not so. I have friends who are in law enforcement from many places throughout the United States who have told me about training that has taken place, but was never publisized, except for a few short paragraphs on the back page of a few newspapers.

So, agree to give up your right's as they did in England and other parts of the world, and if someone is being beat to death or their family is being assualted, let me know how that's working out for them.

I know your reply will be intelligent and the opposite of what I have posted, however bear in mind, it will not change the truth and what is happening starting with a gun or magazine ban. I guess the 20,000 laws on the books we have now are just not working out, except for the millions of law abiding citizens! IMO

avatar
AZ2000

Posts : 197
Join date : 2012-08-09
Location : AZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun ban or not

Post by cafox on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:17 pm

AZ2000 wrote:cafox noticed you do not have a state of residence on your post and reading your persuasive statements, I would say you are somewhat educated.
Thanks, I think.. Smile Ohio is my state of residence.. but I spend most of my time in South Florida.

AZ2000 wrote:Do you truly own any firearms, or just enjoy posting your opinions on boards?
The constituition was written to ensure we as Americans, do not go back to being servants. If that is one's choice so be it, it is not mine.
I do.. Kriss Vector, Kel-Tec KSG & S&W M&P 9mm. I grew up hunting and fishing.. I did get away from that stuff for years, but i have always been fascinated with cool guns. Actually, I plan to design and fabricate some accessories at some point with a rapid prototyping machine. So, NO, I'm not a troll looking to cause trouble.. I just think a discussion needs to be had on improving gun laws. I'm not skeeered that someone is going to take my birthday away just because I'm open minded.

AZ2000 wrote:Removal of our rights is like a cancer, once it starts it will continue with a predictable ending. I choose not to be part of the desease.
This is your opinion... I also have the right not to get shot by a lunatic with a gun, so to use this argument is selfish. I don't buy the slippery slope argument and we should not do nothing just because we are scared of the extreme possibilities. This slippery slope argument could be used in both sides of the debate.

AZ2000 wrote:Were you aware that all over our country, military from outside the United States, have been training in urban areas to sharpen their crowd control and populace tactic's, do you know why when these countries have their own urban area's to practice in?
Disassociation, if you want to control a people you must have no one with personal ties or alligence, only people who follow orders.
You may be saying another nut job theorist, not so. I have friends who are in law enforcement from many places throughout the United States who have told me about training that has taken place, but was never publisized, except for a few short paragraphs on the back page of a few newspapers.
I guess I would have to see it to believe it... It seems a little far-fetched. Look, I don't want to insult you but this seems a little nuts. Now, if you want to talk about economic collapse because our government is gridlocked do to idiots infiltrating congress, yes I feel that that is a credible threat.

AZ2000 wrote:So, agree to give up your right's as they did in England and other parts of the world, and if someone is being beat to death or their family is being assualted, let me know how that's working out for them.
I'm too lazy to research it right now.. so I will make some numbers up. England's gun deaths are 100 times lower than the US. sounds about right.

AZ2000 wrote:I know your reply will be intelligent and the opposite of what I have posted, however bear in mind, it will not change the truth and what is happening starting with a gun or magazine ban. I guess the 20,000 laws on the books we have now are just not working out, except for the millions of law abiding citizens! IMO

No, actually it is not working out.. Kids got mass murdered again. That does not work for me. Let's TRY to come up with some intelligent solutions.

Do you agree or not that all states and all gun transactions should require a background check, be it a private purchase, gun show purchase or otherwise? And, do you agree that we could improve that background check to include mental illness screening or some sort of database check?

I think those 2 things would satisfy the majority of the population's need for us to do something in the aftermath of these tragedies. I think if you are proactive about developing solutions, then maybe people won't automatically revert to the old assault weapons ban. But, if the NRA BS continues, then that is what will happen. IMO.

-Chris

cafox

Posts : 43
Join date : 2012-12-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun ban or not

Post by Legion2512 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:03 pm

Oh sure I can take a joke, but I also have enough common sense to know when to use such jokes. Im not entirely sure why you are hung up on rocket launchers either (must be that advanced humor there) Very Happy

AZ2000 is on to a valid point as well. Ask anyone who has been in the military in the past 10-20 yrs. there is a lot of focus on Mout training. So if you choose to hide your head in the sand and dismiss it...well thats all you man.

As for your idea about a database check, are you conpletely comfortable with giving a total stranger all your personal information?

Do you not think that system would be abused or has the potential to be misused?

avatar
Legion2512

Posts : 32
Join date : 2012-12-23
Location : Southwest Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun ban or not

Post by cafox on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:17 pm

Legion2512 wrote:Oh sure I can take a joke, but I also have enough common sense to know when to use such jokes. Im not entirely sure why you are hung up on rocket launchers either (must be that advanced humor there) Very Happy
Whatever. I have no common sense I guess... But I do have a sense of humor, which you are lacking.

Legion2512 wrote:AZ2000 is on to a valid point as well. Ask anyone who has been in the military in the past 10-20 yrs. there is a lot of focus on Mout training. So if you choose to hide your head in the sand and dismiss it...well thats all you man.
Next thing your going to start jabbering about FEMA death camps. Mout training is apropos since we are fighting wars in cites..?

Legion2512 wrote:As for your idea about a database check, are you conpletely comfortable with giving a total stranger all your personal information?
Do you not think that system would be abused or has the potential to be misused?
Build it into the background check.. you don't have to provide any extra info. The voluntary questions on the background check form are kind of bs since people will lie to get what they want. But, they are still on there.

Any system can be abused... I'm not sure if you guys are hung up on paranoia or perfection? No solution will be perfect.. we can only hope it is better.

I think it was Mark Twain that said something like - Don't let the pursuit of perfection prevent progress.


Last edited by cafox on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

cafox

Posts : 43
Join date : 2012-12-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun ban or not

Post by Legion2512 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:31 pm

"Whatever. I have no common sense I guess..."

Thank you. Im glad you finally realized that.

" But I do have a sense of humor, which you are lacking."

yes because your logic is a joke.

Ok im done feeding the trolls.
avatar
Legion2512

Posts : 32
Join date : 2012-12-23
Location : Southwest Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun ban or not

Post by cafox on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:45 pm

Lol.. trolls. I like how you degrade anyone who has a different point of view from yours. The feeling is mutual.

BTW, I win.

cafox

Posts : 43
Join date : 2012-12-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun ban or not

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum