KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Kriss Vector factory damage?

+3
buddybaja
afponiky
Barfidj
7 posters

Go down

New Kriss Vector  factory damage? Empty New Kriss Vector factory damage?

Post by Barfidj Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:28 pm

Hi Everyone!

So I went to my FFL today to see my new-in-the-box SBR Vector. We opened the box, and I wasn't thrilled to see numerous marks on the ejection port and around the gun. I understand the factory tests each gun to make sure its ready for shipment. However, I have seen many new Vectors ranging from pistol, carbine, SBR, and never seen "wear & tear" like this. The vendor I bought it from states they never opened the box, and it must be the Kriss factory people who did this. So, if you guys could please give me your advice. Did I get hosed or is this normal "wear & tear"????????? Thank you!

New Kriss Vector  factory damage? 37SXf5w_z5tIAfZEzkqdeBAJEPAw0dSJJKz1jJZDRiBaFN-AglY0H7Z4KIb04Bw6WFfrQUZ-zWtyHVZfwYueFKe325FXdj6t6_oNXFzvsfy1m75z3LKgcEAX

New Kriss Vector  factory damage? RWyz43L8CXU4guc-y2nbNJvXj_OWce6kmlJcGfqOOEWEwa7TF3B4W7Tjh__5Es4U6TfMLWUDTYEha4W-ajsgUvD-7BEV-mzLftGV4poXvbgbDpWRI5OGJpiW

Last edited by mambro on Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:10 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Adjusted image links)

Barfidj

Back to top Go down

New Kriss Vector  factory damage? Empty Re: New Kriss Vector factory damage?

Post by afponiky Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:33 pm

Mine was perfect, not a mark on it.

Hmmmm, sure they didn't just try it out before you got there?

AF wtf
afponiky
afponiky

Back to top Go down

Post by buddybaja Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:51 pm

Sounds like someone took her out for a spin... happened when I took delivery of my car a few years ago... they thought I wouldn't notice. I made things terrible uncomfortable for them lol. I would call KRISS and DO NOT TAKE DELIVERY!!!!

buddybaja

Back to top Go down

Post by afponiky Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:27 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
afponiky
afponiky

Back to top Go down

Post by mambro Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:22 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum! The brass marks on the ejection port are not out of the question I suppose (assuming it was only factory test fire), but the scuffs at the front of the housings are not what I would consider "typical" for NIB. If the selling vendor has another SBR to exchange it for that would be one choice, but with all the paperwork for NFA gear to get it to begin with, it might be a pain point. Asking KRISS USA if this would meet their QA as it goes out the door can't hurt either. In case the vendor insists it's not their handling, well... maybe they can sort it out with KRISS themselves. One possibility while preserving the serial of that SBR might be to sort out a shipment back to KRISS USA to replace just the poly housings. scratch
mambro
mambro
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:56 pm

I bet the FFL took it for a spin. A local shop here has a tendency to let customer finger fuck special order guns. Like my friend special ordered a Wilson combat 1911. He was talking to another friend and that friend was telling him how he was testing the trigger in a Wilson combat at that store. It was his pistol they let someone else play with! To make matters worse, my friend Larry Didnt touch the gun yet. Our friend Howard got to play with it before Larry did!

The problem is that in NY, you pay for the pistol and then wait for an amendment to your pistol permit. This can take up to a few weeks. Meanwhile the pistol has to stay at the FFL.

Last edited by Solscud007 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by buddybaja Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:33 am

Man.... ^^^^^ That shit would piss me off. I promise, this was ALL FFL. Like the dealership who told me 126 miles on a ZR1 was normal when I went to go pick it up. Riiiiiiiiight.

buddybaja

Back to top Go down

Post by johngarcez Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:58 am

Man I hope mine don't get fingerd

johngarcez

Back to top Go down

Post by Zio Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:10 pm

That definitely looks like it was fired many, many times. I purchased my CRB in Feb 2015 and it looked brand new upon inspection. The only scuffs and exit marks are from me. That's a shady dealer.

Zio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down