KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOWDY FROM OKLAHOMA : )

4 posters

Go down

HOWDY FROM OKLAHOMA : ) Empty HOWDY FROM OKLAHOMA : )

Post by SANDMAN Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:30 pm

Well, I just want to say hi, and that I have been looking at your site after purchasing a KRISS SDP... I owned the carbine version a little over 2 years ago, but sold it to fond a Bushmaster ACR.. I had sellers remorse after selling it... I stumbled across you forum clearly by accident.. I started reading, and started to see all the good information that I was getting.. I'm wanting to SBR my SDP, and thought I would get the stock for it.. Someone suggested a website called BLACK LABLE TACTICAL.. Sure enough I went to the site, and they showed them having the stock on hand.. Ordered it on Friday evening, so I hope it wasn't a glitch in there system saying they had it, when actually they didn't.. I will call them on Monday to confirm if they do, so I will keep my fingers crossed..
Well, I hope to see you guys around the forum : )

SANDMAN

Back to top Go down

HOWDY FROM OKLAHOMA : ) Empty Re: HOWDY FROM OKLAHOMA : )

Post by MadDogDan Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:24 pm

Do you have your Form1 (tax stamp) back yet from BATFE? If not, then you should have the stock sent to a friends house until you get it. The stock in the same house as an SDP without a tax stamp is considered by the Feds as "constructive intent" and an automatic felony. They don't accept "I wasn't aware of this law" as a valid excuse. Making an SBR without the stamp is punishable by 10 years in the big house and a $250,000 fine.

Just sayin,
MdDog

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by MC BEAST Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:12 pm

What can I do to my SDP without going SBR? I guess I'm trying to make sure I don't put together an illegal SBR. If I put a stock on it, I believe that makes it an SBR, but if I just put a vertical grip on it, does that make it an SBR? I know I can go with an AFG to avoid that. I thought I saw a thread on here about this question but I can't find it.

I'm looking for any help with two things:
The thread about SBR, and the thread about putting an AFG on my SDP.

THANKS.

MC BEAST

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi380 Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:21 pm

A modified AFG on the front is OK! A Vertical Grip on the front makes it an AOW (All Other Weapon- also illegal without the stamp).

Once you get the SBR done, then you can put a vertical grip on it. Smile
Jedi380
Jedi380

Back to top Go down

Post by SANDMAN Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:30 am

I will have my stock at another location.. I already new that, but I appreciate the advise anyway : )

SANDMAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down