KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about thread protector on SDP

4 posters

Go down

Question about thread protector on SDP Empty Question about thread protector on SDP

Post by patman Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:23 pm

I have a 'california' model with the 6" barrel and was wondering if anyone knows is the thread protector comes off or is it permanently attached? I have been trying to contact someone at KRISS but it is hit or miss.

patman

Back to top Go down

Question about thread protector on SDP Empty Re: Question about thread protector on SDP

Post by Jedi380 Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:52 pm

Mine comes off.
Jedi380
Jedi380

Back to top Go down

Question about thread protector on SDP Empty Re: Question about thread protector on SDP

Post by MadDogDan Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:04 pm

I had a California 6" SDP (have since removed the bullet button, replaced with the normal pad, and use Kriss 25+ mags) and the thread protector does come off. They are left hand threads so if you have tried to get it off and it won't budge.............it unscrews to the right.

MadDog

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by CatMostFeared Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:40 pm

its a revervse thread
CatMostFeared
CatMostFeared
Admin

http://www.krisstalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by patman Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:48 pm

Thanks for the info.. I figured I would ask here before I tried anything. Also, MaddogDan, what did the normal pad cost you? I asked a lady at KRISS and she said she would send me a quote but I did not receive it yet.

patman

Back to top Go down

Post by MadDogDan Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:45 pm

Talk with Nick at Kriss. If I remember correctly it was $13 shipping included for the pad and the two 1.5mm screws needed to install it. Kriss has a silly system of sending you a quote via email that you have to sign and then provide your CC number.

Hope this helps,
MadDog

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down