KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody use Magpul sights on their sdp or carbine?

4 posters

Go down

Anybody use Magpul sights on their sdp or carbine? Empty Anybody use Magpul sights on their sdp or carbine?

Post by patman Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:12 pm

I was able to take my SDP out the other day and it shot low but grouped perfectly. I was wondering if changing them to the Magpul sights, will give a better bore to sight picture. I have the Diamond sights on it now.

patman

Back to top Go down

Anybody use Magpul sights on their sdp or carbine? Empty Re: Anybody use Magpul sights on their sdp or carbine?

Post by kopyking Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:29 am

I was wondering the same thing for my carbine cause I have an extra set of Magpul sights just laying around. I did the search here and lowered the front completely down but have yet testing it out.

The range I use only goes to 30 yrds and I had to cover the target with the front sight to get it hitting on target. I'll test out the Magpul theory this weekend.

kopyking

Back to top Go down

Anybody use Magpul sights on their sdp or carbine? Empty Re: Anybody use Magpul sights on their sdp or carbine?

Post by patman Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:08 am

Sounds good,thanks

patman

Back to top Go down

Post by MadDogDan Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:41 pm

How do you have your diamond sights set up? If you have a real AR front sight tool, you will need to crank the front sight "all the way down". If the post is all the way down you will be able to use the rear peep putting the top of the post in the middle of the peep. If you do not have a sight tool and can only crank the front sight post down to the surface of the sight body, then you need to line the top of the front post up with the tip of the rear diamond. The sight radius is pretty short on the Kriss so I just got rid of the BUIS all together and went with a bomb proof optic.

MadDog

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by patman Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:50 pm

I have the tool and it still shot a little low for me. I thought about getting a good optic and probably will sometime in the future.

patman

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:02 pm

Hey guys, go to the video section and check out the full auto SHOT SHOW Media day video. At the end I shoot the SDP. I noticed that when I tried to shoot the SDP like a pistol I wa missing the steel.

HOWEVER, I pulled the SDP back to where a carbine body would be and got my normal sight picture, I was hitting steel easily.

I dont understand why that is and I only shot one mag worth, but it may be something to look into.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down