KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ball Ammo... Thoughts???

4 posters

Go down

Ball Ammo... Thoughts??? Empty Ball Ammo... Thoughts???

Post by P149U3 Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:58 am

Was at my local store picking up my daily box of ammo and asked the clerk if they had any HP ammo and like usual no luck on HP. They recommended to me this new ammo they had got in called Corbon pow'rball. Never seen this ammo before and was told it was some new version of HP ammo that break apart into pieces on contact better the HP. I am just wondering if anyone has used this type of ammo or even if it is safe for the vector. Was not a big fan of the fact i have NEVER heard of this company Corbon before and wanted to get you guys opinion on it..
P149U3
P149U3

Back to top Go down

Ball Ammo... Thoughts??? Empty Re: Ball Ammo... Thoughts???

Post by MadDogDan Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:37 am

Cor-Bon has been around for about 35 years and makes great defense rounds.  I first started using the Pow'rball ammo about 25 years ago for my 1911's that do not feed hollow points very well. The big thing about this ammo is not that it breaks up because it usually does not.  It's hook is that it "always" expands and will not clog with clothing material like some HP rounds will.  It always expands because the nylon ball gets driven into the center of the round on impact.  It works great in picky 1911's because it's profile with the nylon ball is pretty much the same as FMJ ammo.  I do not see why it would not work in the Kriss as it feeds well in every other semi auto.  I only have some 44 special left so I can't test it for you

Hope this helps,
MadDog

Last edited by MadDogDan on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by P149U3 Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:35 pm

ok thanks
P149U3
P149U3

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieDoubleTap Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:45 pm

I use Cor Bon Pow'rball in 9mm for my PPS. Works perfectly well. Like MadDogDan, it's meant to feed like standard ball FMJ ammo.
ZombieDoubleTap
ZombieDoubleTap

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:41 am

My only concern is if you call KRISS USA they might say it is not on their list.
I get the feeling that they dont R&D that much ammo. So we kinda have to do it ourselves.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Post by MadDogDan Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:32 am

Moral of the story here...............STOP CALLING KRISS. Shoot whatever YOUR Kriss likes. If you have to send it back for warranty work, guess what? "I only used Kriss approved ammo"

JMHO

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down