KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the best distance to zero both BUIS and the red dot?

+3
CatMostFeared
Kipp
pagarpar
7 posters

Go down

What is the best distance to zero both BUIS and the red dot? Empty What is the best distance to zero both BUIS and the red dot?

Post by pagarpar Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:28 pm

Hey guys! I tried to find the topic regarding this, unfortunately I couldn't. It is for home defense as well as a little fun on the range. Any bullet recommendations for HD also welcome. I'm a newbie here, too. And new to Kriss. Thanks!

pagarpar

Back to top Go down

What is the best distance to zero both BUIS and the red dot? Empty Re: What is the best distance to zero both BUIS and the red dot?

Post by Kipp Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:48 pm

the diamond sights can be flipped sideways or halfway for cqb. It all depends on what you prefer.
Kipp
Kipp

Back to top Go down

What is the best distance to zero both BUIS and the red dot? Empty Re: What is the best distance to zero both BUIS and the red dot?

Post by pagarpar Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:52 pm

Thanks. But my question is, would it matter if I zero it at 25yds or 50 yds? I need it to zero bet maybe 10-50 yds in one setting... If this is possible

pagarpar

Back to top Go down

Post by CatMostFeared Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:50 pm

35yds is what I use on mine
CatMostFeared
CatMostFeared
Admin

http://www.krisstalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kipp Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:44 pm

There really is no right answer here, it is all personal preference.  

I have this and like it.  But is better suited for a higher powered cartridge.  I think a lot of people w the EoTechs use the bottom of the ring for 7 yards or something?  Anyone??   But at that range anything is going to work in the circle -

Built by EOTech exclusively for Brownells and based on the popular EOTech EXPS2, the CQB T-Dot eliminates the “guesstimating” when aiming at these targets. It retains the parent design’s 65 MOA circle illuminated reticle with two aiming points calibrated for 50-200 yards and 500 yards. The bottom of the T-Dot’s circle is left open, with a “T” indicating a precise aiming reference zeroed for about 7 yards.
http://www.brownells.com/optics-mounting/electronic-sights/holographic-sights/brownells-eotech-cqb-t-dot-holographic-sight-prod45367.aspx

Does anyone know what it should come out of Kriss at? Mine was off by a mile so I wonder if anyone else was like that?
Kipp
Kipp

Back to top Go down

Post by Bushyar15 Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:06 pm

Yeah, its going to vary based on personal preference then adjusting for either shorter or greater distances.. I just got my Kriss and its been too cold to hit the range.. I think I'm going to sight mine in at 50 yds….

Bushyar15

Back to top Go down

Post by osoosi Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:33 pm

I use the bottom of the Eotech XPS2 circle for up close, precise shots. I zeroed the center dot at 25yds.

osoosi

Back to top Go down

Post by nih Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:30 pm

the sight height really determines where it was for me, at 25 yards the round is still arcing upwards, i found 50 yard zero better for being able to adj at shorter distance.

nih

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaggs Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:10 am

I would do 50 yards... 45acp isn't a long distance round, have it set for 50, then see how you have to adjust for closer shots

Shaggs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down