KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Failure to Feed second to last round.

+21
bennypoo
DEVILDG03
ruegway
Keef the Thief
KevinAgar
Crankeye
aragorn1
hydepark308
s2kcrick
sniiped
USCSCJOHN
drowe26
mhemling33
jerryp
SoCal Gunner
gubi
jgianoli1
bluonyx
DUKnCVR
AZ2000
sullivanmedia
25 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Failure to Feed second to last round. - Page 4 Empty Re: Failure to Feed second to last round.

Post by Zio Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:42 pm

New member and CA Kriss CRB owner here.  Live in Sacramento, CA.  Bought mine in Feb 2015 and have been having the 9th round misfire since day one indoors and outdoors.  Ran about 500+ rounds through to date and each and every time a problem.  I've been using many types of casing as well:  Federal, Fiocchi, PMC, TulAmmo...  It will consistently smash or damage the 9th round.  Are we for sure that it's the failed Glock mag spring?  Spoke to Kriss yesterday and they would't tell me anything other than: "send your gun in" WTF?!?

Failure to Feed second to last round. - Page 4 Smashe10

Zio

Back to top Go down

Failure to Feed second to last round. - Page 4 Empty Re: Failure to Feed second to last round.

Post by Aeromat209 Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:34 pm

Please read the posts on the mag spring mod should fix your issue!!!!!
Aeromat209
Aeromat209

Back to top Go down

Post by SoCal Gunner Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:37 pm

Can somebody please post a picture or video of this fix? I'm not understanding where to bend the spring.
If you can't attach a pic, upload it to imgur.com and just post the link. Same thing for video - link to youtube.

Thanks a bunch.
SoCal Gunner
SoCal Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post by aragorn1 Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:17 pm

Failure to Feed second to last round. - Page 4 21403720704_a77f495c86_bspring by Work Too Much, on Flickr

normally the front of the follower is on an upward angle, this puts a lot of pressure on front of follower, causing that round to stand up when entering the chamber, bending the spring under the follower as such puts the pressure on rear of follower, seems to keep the new round horizontal longer , gives it time to enter the chamber before going vertical
aragorn1
aragorn1

Back to top Go down

Post by SoCal Gunner Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:50 pm

Thank You! That picture was helpful. I'm going to give it a go and try it out.

Next question for those out there who have "full" capacity 13rd original Glock mags; Can you disassemble a mag and take a picture of the follower? KRISS rep at a show told me the original 13rd mags have a "deeper" follower that don't cant like the 10rd followers do.
Better yet, if someone has booth types and do a side by side.
SoCal Gunner
SoCal Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post by aragorn1 Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:53 pm

I bent all 4 mags I have, 3 of them worked perfect afterward,  one still sent the second last round vertical. Tossed that one out.   Lol.     This fix isn't foolproof but puts the enjoyment back in the kriss. Picking up the Gen 2 in 9mm soon, hopefully it works slick right out of the box.
aragorn1
aragorn1

Back to top Go down

Post by SoCal Gunner Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:43 pm

I can feel the difference already just by pushing the rounds out with my thumb. Can't wait to try it in the field.

Does the 9mm KRISS use Glock 17 mags?

I have a CX4 Storn in 9mm that is a blast to shoot that uses my PX4 Storm mags.
SoCal Gunner
SoCal Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post by aragorn1 Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:48 pm

I believe that's the ones , 17's, what ever they are I have 2 spare ready to go.  ,Gen 2 may be arriving tomorrow . Fingers crossed
aragorn1
aragorn1

Back to top Go down

Post by aragorn1 Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:50 pm

Hope the mag spring adjustment works for you, post back here and let us all know
aragorn1
aragorn1

Back to top Go down

Post by torrentuser Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:03 pm

Did you 9mm CRB show up?
I am really anxious to buy one and I have even located one with a good price. I just havent heard any good or bad experiences with the 9mm CRB enhanced. I'd love to see how reliable it is running it with the 10rnd G17 magazines.
-TorrentUser, San Jose, CA

torrentuser

Back to top Go down

Post by aragorn1 Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:19 pm

I have put about 400 rounds in 2 trips through my new 9 CRB........ works beautiful
aragorn1
aragorn1

Back to top Go down

Post by torrentuser Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:17 pm

Aragorn... You just cost me a lot of money... I gotta order this soon.

torrentuser

Back to top Go down

Post by torrentuser Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:31 pm

Aragorn, can you post a picture of it? Confirm once again that it is a CA-Compliant 9mm CRB. I'm particularly interested in checking the rectangular barrel shroud, the ar15 stock adaptor, and the stock they attached. How many 10-rnd magazines were included... what brand? Also, what packaging did it come in? Manuals? tool kit?

torrentuser

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4