KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Picked up my CRB from the FFL today

3 posters

Go down

Picked up my CRB from the FFL today Empty Picked up my CRB from the FFL today

Post by Xn0r Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:12 am

Finally got the thing after the PRK 10 day waiting period.

Definitely a cool gun, but I have the infamous "charging difficulty" problem. It takes quite a bit of strength for me to charge the thing.

I even took it apart and lubricated all the races that the super-v and bolt run on, plus the charging handle races. That helped, but it's still damn difficult. I'm hoping that after I put a 100 rds though it or so it'll loosen up, but I'm not sure.

It doesn't seem to be the return spring as much as the handle itself sort of "binding" when you pull on it hard. We'll see after I put some rounds to it (Today hopefully if I can get to the range).

The mag is also super tight, and had a really difficult time getting the 9th and 10th rd into my PRK legal 10 rd mag. Good thing I have an upLula. That makes it a lot easier.

I guess I'll post a range report tomorrow. Smile
Xn0r
Xn0r

Back to top Go down

Picked up my CRB from the FFL today Empty Re: Picked up my CRB from the FFL today

Post by Solscud007 Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:40 am

Check out the thread about difficult to charge.

http://www.krisstalk.com/t199-difficult-to-charge-the-kriss
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Picked up my CRB from the FFL today Empty Re: Picked up my CRB from the FFL today

Post by Xn0r Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:17 pm

Yep. I've read through that a few minutes ago.
Xn0r
Xn0r

Back to top Go down

Post by Xn0r Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:42 pm

Here's a dumb question (not in the manual).

How do you adjust the LoP on the buttstock? Does it just pull in and out? Is there a latch? A set screw?

Does the CA fixes stock have LoP adjustment (it looks like it does)?
Xn0r
Xn0r

Back to top Go down

Post by mambro Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:23 am

Length of pull on a non-restricted stock is 4 set screws and a slide to the rear. Here is a thread with more info:

http://www.krisstalk.com/t274-is-the-stock-no-longer-adjustable-post-californication

Very Happy
mambro
mambro
MOD

Back to top Go down

Picked up my CRB from the FFL today Empty Hit the range today

Post by Xn0r Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:40 am

Took the vector down to the range today to break it in. Shot some super tight groups at about 20-25 yds. No misfires or failures of any kind firing a mix of 300 rds of Wal-Mart Federal 230gr FMJ and Jack Ross 230gr TMJ reloads through it. But this gun really makes me want a 30rd mag!

I went and bought a couple of 10 rd Glock 21 mags at the range/gun-shop while I was there. So cheap and easy to find compared to the CA 10rd proprietary FN SCAR mags! They worked perfectly. The bullet button on the CA Vectors are brutal though. I had to use a little allen wrench to pop the mags. Will have to find a better tool for this. Maybe try to get the UBBT on the Glock mags or something for quick changes. This thing is truly a "tool needed" mag lock! Not even my pointy 7.51x51 bullets would pop the CA vector mag release!

The charging handle is still pretty hard to pull, but you just got to put some oomph into it. I find that putting as much force into the inboard part of the handle as you can helps a lot. This isn't as easy because it's the part where you get the least leverage, and to grab it that far inboard makes the bolt lock interfere with your fingers. But if you grab it and pull it more from the outboard side it tends to bind up. I think Kriss might want to consider using ball-bearing races or something in the future. It did seem to loosen up as I put some rounds through it. So in my case, the races and lobes on bolt and the spring needed to be exercised a bit to "round things off", maybe.

My elevation was WAY off. I turned the front sight four clicks clockwise (up) and I think it could still need another click, but I couldn't get it to move anymore with the set of mini-screwdrivers I was using to adjust it. I left my M16A2 sight adjustment tool in my rifle bag which I didn't bring. I'm hoping that I haven't reached the maximum adjustment range on that thing! The windage was pretty good, only needed two clicks to the right to get right on the bullseye.

I also found that if you put your hand near the bolt lock while firing, you're going to get some serious schmutz on your hand. :p

Here's a pic of some of the groups I shot tonight:

Picked up my CRB from the FFL today IMAG0833

All in all I'm pretty pleased with the gun. The Super-V system delivers as promised. I was shocked at how little recoil that the thing produced compared to my 1911. Was also quieter than the 1911 due to the longer barrel. Will take it and try some longer range stuff at the outdoor range next. Very Happy
Xn0r
Xn0r

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down