KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Kriss malfunctions

+4
odogg316
Xn0r
CatMostFeared
Solscud007
8 posters

Go down

My Kriss malfunctions Empty My Kriss malfunctions

Post by Solscud007 Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:29 am

So I have had the occasional jam in my KRISS. I started to experience them every once in a while. The first time it happened, the brass got jammed real bad in the ejection port funnel (the flared ramp has a gap to allow the charging handle go past it from the left side of the gun).

Well Saturday I had so many malfunctions that I cannot accept it any more. I am glad to have them as I had to deal with them during the dark zombie shoot. Nothing like trying to get a gun up when you are in a rush. The malfunctions helped me to practice clearing them. When I am in a match, I focus on identifying the problem and get busy solving the problem. I don't have time to analyze why it malfunctioned or document it well.

Before the match Ii went out to shoot some full auto and suppressed guns. I was testing out my freefloat rail and had so many malfunctions but this time on camera and I had the time to document it.

Here is the video of the malfunctions.

As far as I can tell, there are two major malfunctions. Bad ejection. The shell is not ejecting cleanly and the bolt closes on it. I am thinking possibly the bolt is not traveling back far enough to load a new round otherwise a fresh round would be chambered and push the spent casing upwards rather than falling back down and getting in the path of the bolt.

My Kriss malfunctions Photo_13
My Kriss malfunctions Photo_14
My Kriss malfunctions Photo_15

I was using Freedom Munitions 230 gr ammo. I will get a box of WWB and see if the problem persists.

The other problem is double feeds or failure to go into battery. Really not sure what that is all about. I cleaned my gun before the match but I am still befuddled about that.

Then there is the issue of my brand new mags just falling out of the gun.

Last edited by Solscud007 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

My Kriss malfunctions Empty Re: My Kriss malfunctions

Post by CatMostFeared Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:43 am

man that is just messed up
CatMostFeared
CatMostFeared
Admin

http://www.krisstalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:37 am

Yep. Which is why I tried to document as much as possible. If i just told you it happened, you probably wouldn't believe me.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Xn0r Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:15 pm

Oh. I've forgotten you've modified your vector quite a bit. Although not sure how your free-float thing would produce these malfunctions.

I wonder if your bolt is just "tired" or something. Maybe extractor/ejector worn?
Xn0r
Xn0r

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:21 pm

Xn0r wrote:Oh. I've forgotten you've modified your vector quite a bit. Although not sure how your free-float thing would produce these malfunctions.

I wonder if your bolt is just "tired" or something. Maybe extractor/ejector worn?

Yeah that was a suggestion made by someone else at the night shoot. It is something to look into. I think it is the ejector. As the logical culprit. Since extraction from the chamber is not the issue, but ejecting the round clear of the ejection port. I wish I could get my hands on a phantom camera.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by Xn0r Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:11 pm

Would be fairly easy fix to try eh? Know anyone else w/ a Vector you could swap a bolt into?
Xn0r
Xn0r

Back to top Go down

Post by Solscud007 Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:14 pm

There are some but not near by. I'll just send it in. It hasn't been updated ever.
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

Back to top Go down

Post by odogg316 Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:54 pm

So this was after 4k rnds?My other Q was i didnt see in the video but above the pic of ur mag mine had the same issue im guessing blowback and tht started the whole ball rolling down hill with the stove piping was tht what started it for u as well?

odogg316

Back to top Go down

Post by AZ2000 Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:21 pm

I must of gotten a good one. Took the CRB out yesterday to run the round count up to 700+, using BVAC 230 gr round nose. I took my buddy with me and we ran a continuous 100 rounds, non stop as fast as possible through the weapon without one ftf or jam. I use Glock factory 13 round mags gen 4 and 2 of the Kriss extended mags mated to the Glock factory mags gen 4, loaded to 25 rounds. The only time it has had a ftf is when it was ran with WWB .45 rnd nose 230 grn and the extended mags were loaded to 28 rnds. I have tested some of my reloads using BVAC once fired brass and have had no ftf with them either. Looks like my magic formula is to stay at 25 rounds on the extended mags. beers
AZ2000
AZ2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Legion2512 Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:21 am

I saw in a post here there was a problem with mags. I was wondering if it was the 30 rd g21 mags. I'm having that issue the 30 rd. mags tend to drop out meanwhile a stock g21 has no problems whatsoever. I've tried 3 different mags and had the same effect. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Legion2512
Legion2512

Back to top Go down

Post by Dtalon03 Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:42 pm

I Went to the range yesterday. I have only ever had one FTE before in my Kriss.

Yesterday I had 4 Malfunctions within 4 clips. 1 FTE & 3 FTF. I was fairly frustrated but It was a quick fix. as soon as I dropped the mag and pulled the bolt back the round would drop free from being jammed sideways or askew.

I was wondering if it was the ammo? its the first time I have run magtech through the kriss.

Other than that it was shooting great she put 2 mags through the same 2in hole so I can't complain that much! Going to give her a good cleaning and try again!

edit: Oh and I am using 10rd CA legal mags

Dtalon03

Back to top Go down

Post by ocelotrevolver1984 Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:05 pm

i experience the same probleme showed in your video today what did you do ??i was using both original loader and one glock 21 -25 round compatible loader both jam or fall out ?!?!

ocelotrevolver1984

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down