KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diamonhead VRS rail system

+17
EchoLimaBravo
DBLSHOT79
bluonyx
Nosferatu
Kwraider@gmail.com
skullsoldier
Cdcao
sniiped
HarleyD1259
Mattrog
kanewtervalve
bolus
CatMostFeared
MadDogDan
Jedi380
Outlaw89
Solscud007
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Diamonhead VRS rail system - Page 2 Empty Re: Diamonhead VRS rail system

Post by Cdcao Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:00 pm

Any of you guys with the diamond head rail has pics on their kriss? Appreciate it in advance.
Cdcao
Cdcao

Back to top Go down

Post by kanewtervalve Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:12 pm

I ordered the rail for the bottom, 9 inch one, #2911, should be here tomorrow, try to get some pics uploaded to my yahoo account so I can post them.
kanewtervalve
kanewtervalve

Back to top Go down

Post by Cdcao Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:18 pm

Thanks kanewtervalve. Looking forward to seeing the pics.
Cdcao
Cdcao

Back to top Go down

Post by bolus Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:08 pm

Got my accessory rails and the bolts are too long and hit the shroud.  Diamond head is 0/2 on bolts for this thing.  Removed the shroud until I can pick up some shorter bolts

Diamonhead VRS rail system - Page 2 6y433KY

Diamonhead VRS rail system - Page 2 Eot9sAO

Diamonhead VRS rail system - Page 2 McX3x0q

bolus

Back to top Go down

Post by kanewtervalve Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:18 am

Same here, I think I'm going to cut my down with the dremel. When I told them about the screws for attaching to the gun they said they used an older one supplied by TDI, they have the correct ones on order, this appears to be the same problem with the rail screws as well. I don't know if my hardware store has the flathead screws to fit flush, just the buttonhead, so my dremel is the only solution.
kanewtervalve
kanewtervalve

Back to top Go down

Post by Cdcao Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:41 am

Thanks for supplying the pics. Pictures says a thousand words. haha! I think i'm going to go with this rail too. Just hope they get the rails screws right on my order.
Cdcao
Cdcao

Back to top Go down

Post by kanewtervalve Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:01 pm

I got some washers to space mine out which actually worked out because I needed to ty-rap the cord from the laser. Going to try a pic:
Diamonhead VRS rail system - Page 2 06062011
kanewtervalve
kanewtervalve

Back to top Go down

Post by skullsoldier Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:05 pm

Not a frequent poster, but just wanted to drop a note on this accessory. I took delivery of by Diamonhead VRS for my CRB on Saturday. There were no instructions included with mine - only the rail/forend and four screws.  The first thing that you need to do to install the VRS, after safety checking, is to remove the bottom pic rail. To do this, you have to drift out a pin and then remove the pic rail from the polymer dovetail. While removing the pin was a cinch, the dovetail was tightly mated to the pic rail. I used a dowel and a mallet to push it off, but it damaged the rail.  I would say it took about 25 - 30 whacks to get it down the dovetail.

The VRS slips onto the CRB easily and the holes line up with the rifle's counter-sunk nuts. Unfortunately, the screws that ship are M5s and WILL NOT FIT the newer CRBs. I took a trip to the hardware store and picked up 4 black M4s, as well as some washers. They all fit together fine with the VRS making a solid extension of the CRB body.  

I reinstalled my front irons on the end of the VRS - the added sight radius is pretty substantial.  I'll be adding a lower pic rail and maybe one on the side. That said, this does add some weight to the rifle, though I feel it still balances well enough. Also, the diameter of the VRS is just big enough to float over the factory shroud - be careful as you can mar the finish on the shroud when installing.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with my purchase save for the screw debacle. I feel it adds not only aesthetic value, but will likely make the gun easier to aim at longer distances.  I suspect Diamondhead is making these in batches, so I would recommend signing up to be notified if they come back in stock.

What I'd love to do is add one to my SDP, but my Osprey will probably not fit. May need to pick up a TiRant, which I'm pretty sure would fit under the VRS.

skullsoldier

Back to top Go down

Post by kanewtervalve Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:20 pm

I put a bipod on the lower rail and smacked that with the mallet to get mine off, they know about the M4 screw issue but if you order a rail for it, the M5s are too long and will hit the can on the barrel, I used washers for now but have M5 X 8mm on order because the hardware store doesn't carry them.
kanewtervalve
kanewtervalve

Back to top Go down

Diamonhead VRS rail system - Page 2 Empty In stock

Post by Kwraider@gmail.com Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:09 pm

Just a heads up.  The diamondhead rail is in stock and shipping.  Ordered mine and it shipped out today.

Kwraider@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MadDogDan Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:26 am

UPS says mine should deliver today. Guess I need to make a trip to Ace Hardware for some shorter screws. I know my suppressor will fit inside but I hope there is enough room inside the handguard to keep using my Elite Iron Suppressor Cover.

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cdcao Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:55 pm

Hey fellas, I ordered my last week. I received it today. I installed the rail and it fits perfect and the screws that came with it fits too. No need to run to the hardware store. I also bought the vrs long rail and the screws fitted perfect too. I can't wait to shoot it this weekend. I'm stoke and it feels solid too.
Cdcao
Cdcao

Back to top Go down

Post by bolus Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:59 pm

I see the diamondhead hand guard is available on Amazon for those with prime that get 2 day shipping

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I2KUUE6/ref=pd_luc_rh_sbs_01_03_t_lh?ie=UTF8&psc=1

bolus

Back to top Go down

Diamonhead VRS rail system - Page 2 Empty Over the barrel light mount

Post by Nosferatu Tue May 26, 2015 9:57 pm

Is it true that you can no longer use the over the barrel light mount after installing the Diamondhead hand guard?
Nosferatu
Nosferatu

Back to top Go down

Post by bluonyx Thu May 28, 2015 2:25 am

Nosferatu wrote:Is it true that you can no longer use the over the barrel light mount after installing the Diamondhead hand guard?

I know I can't on mine, I also noticed that the bolts that were supplied with the handguard were to long and had to be shortened. If left the stock length they caused the sides of the lower to bulge out. Apparently it had the bulge for some time and I just barely noticed it this last cleaning. At least I finally got the chance to use my new Dremel.
bluonyx
bluonyx

Back to top Go down

Post by MadDogDan Fri May 29, 2015 2:48 pm

Nosferatu wrote:Is it true that you can no longer use the over the barrel light mount after installing the Diamondhead hand guard?

That is correct.  But you now have areas at the 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 positions where you can mount anything provided you add short (or long) pic rail sections. The screws that came with mine were the proper size. I guess they received some complaints and rectified the situation.  

Here are a couple pics of my suppressed and SBR'd Kriss with the Diamondhead rail.

Diamonhead VRS rail system - Page 2 DSC00411_zps76f2482c

Diamonhead VRS rail system - Page 2 DSC00409_zps2d8e04ce

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by scootle Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:42 pm

Thread necro, but for those with a Gen2 CRB, it seems the side screws from Diamond Head are still too long... I contacted their support and it didn't sound like they had anything of the appropriate length, but the tech there did send me some spare screws so I could file/grind/cut them down myself.

The included screws are 10mm long (threaded portion) which seems about 2-3mm too long for the Gen2 mounting locations.

I saw above someone said these are M4 spec screws, so maybe I'll see if there are shorter ones at the hardware store to avoid a little elbow-grease with shortening the existing ones.

Semi-related, the default screws for VRS rail sections are also too long (they impact the shroud inside, but the tech did send out appropriate length countersunk screws for that, so that is solved!

scootle

Back to top Go down

Post by DBLSHOT79 Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:37 am

scootle wrote:Thread necro, but for those with a Gen2 CRB, it seems the side screws from Diamond Head are still too long... I contacted their support and it didn't sound like they had anything of the appropriate length, but the tech there did send me some spare screws so I could file/grind/cut them down myself.

The included screws are 10mm long (threaded portion) which seems about 2-3mm too long for the Gen2 mounting locations.

I saw above someone said these are M4 spec screws, so maybe I'll see if there are shorter ones at the hardware store to avoid a little elbow-grease with shortening the existing ones.

Semi-related, the default screws for VRS rail sections are also too long (they impact the shroud inside, but the tech did send out appropriate length countersunk screws for that, so that is solved!

Are you mounting this on a gen2 9mm crb Vector?

DBLSHOT79

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormm12 Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:04 pm

I am curious about this too - does it work writ the 9mm gen 2? Anywhere to get these in Canada?

Stormm12

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoLimaBravo Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:51 pm

Stormm12 wrote:I am curious about this too - does it work writ the 9mm gen 2? Anywhere to get these in Canada?

Select shooting supply Canada

Select Shooting Supply stock Diamondhead products, so they may be able to order one for you. Now I understand the barrel shroud question much better...plus I read your response Smile
EchoLimaBravo
EchoLimaBravo

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormm12 Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:00 pm

Lol thanks!

Stormm12

Back to top Go down

Post by DBLSHOT79 Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:07 pm

Just ordered one from grabagun.com found it the cheapest there 135.86

DBLSHOT79

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormm12 Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:17 pm

I'm afraid it might not make it out of the USA - export restrictions. I'll have to see - fingers crossed.

Stormm12

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormm12 Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:27 pm

Just saw it is in Canada, and in your post.... Thanks for that - I'm going to reach out to them.

Stormm12

Back to top Go down

Post by scootle Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:47 am

DBLSHOT79 wrote:
scootle wrote:Thread necro, but for those with a Gen2 CRB, it seems the side screws from Diamond Head are still too long... I contacted their support and it didn't sound like they had anything of the appropriate length, but the tech there did send me some spare screws so I could file/grind/cut them down myself.

Are you mounting this on a gen2 9mm crb Vector?

Stormm12 wrote:I am curious about this too - does it work writ the 9mm gen 2?

Yes, Gen2 9mm CRB with a 16" bbl.  Works fine once you sort out the screw length issue.  I will note that the round shrouds are a friction/tight fit into the handguard, which may not necessarily be desirable if you are looking to free float the barrel.  I am still pondering options to remedy this myself.  I may run bare barrel for a while until i decide if I will thread the barrel and put on either a muzzle device or smaller diameter faux suppressor/shroud in the future.

scootle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next