KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revert to folding stock with a fixed stock

2 posters

Go down

Revert to folding stock with a fixed stock Empty Revert to folding stock with a fixed stock

Post by valcityboy Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:49 am

I have a fixed stock.  I actually bought a compliant (NY/NJ) Vector and have since decided, I want the folding stock.  I initially thought I would have to purchase or wait to purchase a folding stock for $100 as the ones that are available now are over priced and usually on Gunbroker or Armslist.  

RANT:  It always drives me crazy when vendors try to take advantage of their customers.  I saw a post on Armslist from a dealer with the Vector stock for $250!!!  Really?!  I understand Capitalism and supply and demand, but c'mon, just because you can do something, you shouldn't do it for greed - needless to say, I would never purchase from those vendors for anything else.  RANT OVER

I purchased the button, spring, and roll pin kit to replace the 'V' on the fixed stock.  My next question is what would be good replacements to get my LOP adjustments?  As I understand, I would need to drill out the current stock (thanks Solscud007 - I follow your YT page too) but looking for a similar if not exact option that would replace the rivets with something that can be adjusted.

I guess my last question would be, how do I get the stock off?  (maybe that should've been first)  seems that isn't in the armorer's guide ... I wonder why... Smile

edited: OK...so bit rushed on this one. So from multiple post:

remove the pinned'sh drilled allen bit, take stock off, remove bolt and assemble button, replace original fixed stock allen bolt with take-down pin. So stock is done

Guess only question now is what are good replacement for rivets in LOP adjustment on buttstock of weapon...(I'm really glad this site exists)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

valcityboy

Back to top Go down

Revert to folding stock with a fixed stock Empty Re: Revert to folding stock with a fixed stock

Post by Solscud007 Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:29 pm

IIRC they are rivets. At least not in my NY stock. I shipped my Vector to KRISS Arms for work and kept my stock.

Anyway check this thread.

http://www.krisstalk.com/t636-kriss-stock-locked-lop-fix

Does your stock look like mine?
Solscud007
Solscud007
MOD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kriss-Super-V/157275704339968?sk=w

Back to top Go down

Revert to folding stock with a fixed stock Empty Re: Revert to folding stock with a fixed stock

Post by valcityboy Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:07 am

Thnx Solscud007 - yeah I will post some pics but it doesn't look like yours.  It looks like rivets coated in plastic but there is a hole in the center.

For others to clarify the fixed stock issue I was having, I didn't realize the actual removal process.

1. - slide the rail off until the tab that is about 1/2" of the rear of the rail is accessible.
2. - take a dremel as others have posted to the bottom and top of the rounded allen bolt and screw where a normal push pin would be
3. - slide the stock toward the side of the gun where the ejection port is located.
4 - remove the big allen bolt that holds in the 'V' stock block
5 - remove the metal piece you saw in step #1 when you removed the tab under the rail

I am just trying to see if it's cheaper (so far so good) to order/make/fit parts for the folding stock than purchase a new folder as rep from Kriss says they are out and don't expect until Q1 2014 so idk when that'll be.  So far all I have had to order is the $20 button/spring/roll pin, so next will be getting something from the hardware store to replace the rivets in the rear (got an idea from an old RC project I did so gonna try it) will post pics and results at later date.  Please check your laws before you do this.  I knew a project was at hand when I purchased this, but just couldn't find a folding stock one in stock anywhere for the price I wanted to pay.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

valcityboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down