KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice please!!: Magazine drops out under recoil

4 posters

Go down

Advice please!!: Magazine drops out under recoil Empty Advice please!!: Magazine drops out under recoil

Post by Krisssbr-ed Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:47 pm

Hey All,

I am a new owner of an vector SBR. Magazines of any Glock type will not stay in the gun. After the time and treasure invested I was really disappointed to experience this at my first trip to the range.

I have tried the following:

Glock/Kriss TDI MAG
Standard Glock pistol mag (from a Glock 21)
Korean knock off mags

They will eject themselves under recoil often on or within the first few rounds fired, with mags fully loaded or down loaded to only five or less rounds.

Yes, my hand is no where near the mag release.

To trouble-shoot I switched the mag catch in the Vector to an old G21 mag catch, Same issue with both mag catches.

Further, I seated each mag into the G21. They all hold fast until I hit the mag release as a Glock should.

I noticed comments about some people having a bit of wiggle room on the Vector mag well. This is the case with mine. In fact I have tested every mag by clearing the Vector and inserting the empty mag (all three above) if I rotate the mag in a counter-clockwise motion ever so slightly I can pull the mag right out. No pressure on the mag release whatsoever.

Has ANYONE experienced this?? At first I thought it was just the crap knockoff mags, but this occurs w any Glock mag I have as well and ONLY in the Vector.

Any help or advice is much appreciated. If anyone can measure their mag well opening w a set of calipers and let me know the dimensions and could at least confirm if the polymer mold is out of spec.

KRISS-USA response had been for me to pay them $120 upfront and send it in for inspection. That does not cover costs for any repair.

Any all help is much appreciated!!

Krisssbr-ed

Back to top Go down

Advice please!!: Magazine drops out under recoil Empty Re: Advice please!!: Magazine drops out under recoil

Post by rSydDc Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:10 pm

Advice please!!: Magazine drops out under recoil 20150111

Is it a possibility that the pin or whatever it's really called that provides tension for the mag release is bent at the bottom where it sits in the housing?  I got these from Kriss trying to get the button for the mag release.  A slight bend might be more than enough to lose tension where its needed.  I have slight wiggle in mine as well but it doesn't release the mag even if I try turning it counter clockwise.  All my mags are gen 4.  It might still be the mags if they're all the same gen.  Hope that helps.
rSydDc
rSydDc

Back to top Go down

Advice please!!: Magazine drops out under recoil Empty Re: Advice please!!: Magazine drops out under recoil

Post by Krisssbr-ed Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:41 am

Hey rSyDc,
Thanks very much for the reply!
The pin you show is the mag catch tension pin-mine has always been flat just like the one in my Glock. Is that what came w your gun?
If this is newer or somehow better for the Kriss then it might be my last ditch effort before sending it in ill see if I can get some of these to try out.

Thanks again

Krisssbr-ed

Back to top Go down

Post by rSydDc Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:27 am

Yes both my glock and Vector have that kind of pin. The pin isn't flat at all. Its gotta be a manufacturing or production defect. Just call up Kriss and order it. I cant remember how much it costs but I know its no where near $120 without repair. Good luck hope it works.
rSydDc
rSydDc

Back to top Go down

Post by Krisssbr-ed Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:50 am

Awesome going to give that a shot. Thanks again!!

Krisssbr-ed

Back to top Go down

Post by Krisssbr-ed Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:07 pm

Removed the old spring-had a slight bend.
Finally got some new mag tensions springs (the correct pin type). and...test fire rd #1 blew the mag right out of the mag well and the next several discharges after re-inserting it. So thats not it. Looks like I need to send it in.

QUESTION: see attached, are these the same width dimensions you all have on your mag well??
Measured with set of calipers. .001" tolerance
from bottom of the mag well
Middle=1.051"
Front=1.079"
Does that Match with anybody?
I am thinking the lower housing is out of spec

Krisssbr-ed

Back to top Go down

Post by Krisssbr-ed Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:07 pm

pics would not upload.sorry

Krisssbr-ed

Back to top Go down

Advice please!!: Magazine drops out under recoil Empty i have the same problem what did you do???? i have the first generation went shooting with it today and both original loader and 1 25 mag glok 21 they both jam or there is an malfunction with the ejection system what could it be ???

Post by ocelotrevolver1984 Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:53 pm

Krisssbr-ed wrote:Hey All,

I am a new owner of an vector SBR. Magazines of any Glock type will not stay in the gun. After the time and treasure invested I was really disappointed to experience this at my first trip to the range.

I have tried the following:

Glock/Kriss TDI MAG
Standard Glock pistol mag (from a Glock 21)
Korean knock off mags

They will eject themselves under recoil often on or within the first few rounds fired, with mags fully loaded or down loaded to only five or less rounds.

Yes, my hand is no where near the mag release.

To trouble-shoot I switched the mag catch in the Vector to an old G21 mag catch,  Same issue with both mag catches.

Further, I seated each mag into the G21. They all hold fast until I hit the mag release as a Glock should.

I noticed comments  about some people having a bit of wiggle room on the Vector mag well. This is the case with mine. In fact I have tested every mag by clearing the Vector and inserting the empty mag (all three above) if I rotate the mag in a counter-clockwise motion ever so slightly I can pull the mag right out. No pressure on the mag release whatsoever.

Has ANYONE experienced this?? At first I thought it was just the crap knockoff mags, but this occurs w any Glock mag I have as well and ONLY in the Vector.

Any help or advice is much appreciated. If anyone can measure their mag well opening w a set of calipers and let me know the dimensions and could at least confirm if the polymer mold is out of spec.

KRISS-USA response had been for me to pay them $120 upfront and send it in for inspection. That does not cover costs for any repair.

Any all help is much appreciated!!

ocelotrevolver1984

Back to top Go down

Post by Krisssbr-ed Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:22 am

Hey, Good to know I am not taking crazy-pills and someone else has the same issues.

I finally...finally sent it back to Kriss-USA for them to rework. Short story they say its not under warranty--so I will let you know how the RMA process goes and whether they take responsibility for it. I know that I have tried everything that I can to make this thing work: changing springs, different ammo, 3 types/brands of mags; all to no avail, before sending in.

Side Note:Apparently the first gen guns had tons of issues with them. I bought mine second hand so it could very well be in this category (though I bought mine a a year or so after it debuted). If you go back to old forums and youtube videos, like the Military Arms Channel, you will find that first gen guns were well-documented to have all sorts of issues. At the time, and under warranty, they were sent back to Kriss, had internals changed/reworked and they came back to owners running perfectly. Hopefully the case and they will own this and I don't need to add to an already high price tag (esp for a non-functioning gun!)
Will keep you posted.

Krisssbr-ed

Back to top Go down

Advice please!!: Magazine drops out under recoil Empty Kriss Update Cost$?!?

Post by Krisssbr-ed Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:09 pm

After a brief search I see that most people had 'lifetime warranties' and had their guns updated around 2012 or so. Well I bought mine in 2013, 1year warranty. I was overseas a lot the first year and didn't shoot it much. came back to figure it out and had tons of FTFs, mags dropping out, etc. Paid to send it in for their techs to look at and they quoted me $800 to get it "to current factory spec". Does this make sense to anyone?
Did everyone else pay this amount to get the required 'updates' to make it function normally?
I feel like I am getting hosed here.

Krisssbr-ed

Back to top Go down

Post by gm2376 Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:57 pm

Krisssbr-ed wrote:After a brief search I see that most people had 'lifetime warranties' and had their guns updated around 2012 or so. Well I bought mine in 2013, 1year warranty. I was overseas a lot the first year and didn't shoot it much. came back to figure it out and had tons of FTFs, mags dropping out, etc. Paid to send it in for their techs to look at and they quoted me $800 to get it "to current factory spec". Does this make sense to anyone?
Did everyone else pay this amount to get the required 'updates' to make it function normally?
I feel like I am getting hosed here.

wow! ridiculous!!! you invest in a gun, where they know there are issues and they want to charge 800$ to make it work????? save the money and buy a ps90!

gm2376

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down