KRISSTALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about cover over the magazine release-Cali. model?

3 posters

Go down

Question about cover over the magazine release-Cali. model? Empty Question about cover over the magazine release-Cali. model?

Post by patman Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:17 pm

I bought a Kriss pistol on Gunbroker and noticed when I got it, it had a metal plate/cover over the mag. release button, and the 10 round/no round magazine. Is this plate/cover permanent or made into the frame or can it come off? I realize I will have to call Kriss about it but I am pretty p.o. with the dealer that sent it to me. Fortunately I have not received/accepted it from my ffl dealer so I have the chance to send it back to them.Any help would be appreciated,thanks.

Never mind, the 'Search button' is my friend.

patman

Back to top Go down

Question about cover over the magazine release-Cali. model? Empty Re: Question about cover over the magazine release-Cali. model?

Post by MadDogDan Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:47 pm

What dealer did you get it from. I just purchased a Kriss pistol off Gunbroker but have not taken possession of it yet.

ETA: Just saw pictures of the actual 6.5" I have coming and it does "not" have a bullet button plate and the 10 round mag is usable.

MadDog

Last edited by MadDogDan on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Question about cover over the magazine release-Cali. model? Empty Re: Question about cover over the magazine release-Cali. model?

Post by Jedi380 Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:57 am

I found my SDP on Gunbroker, but the dealer was close enough I was able to go check it out in-person before buying it. (I did call ahead.)

If it has the 6.5" barrel it IS a "California Edition" and WILL come with the bullet-button mag-release, and the unusable magazine. It sucks to pay that much for a gun you can't shoot...
Jedi380
Jedi380

Back to top Go down

Post by MadDogDan Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:35 pm

Jedi380:

Not sure you are entirely correct. I just purchased an SDP off Gunbroker and it has the 6.5" (threaded) barrel which I guess is a California model. The dealer took pictures of the actual SDP I purchased and there is "no" bullet button and the 10 round mag is "not" pinned. That tells me "all" CA models have pinned mags and a bullet button........but "not all" 6.5" SDP's are CA models.

MadDog

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi380 Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:21 pm

Cool! That's good to hear, the only ones I had seen (or heard of) were like mine, glad to hear there's others out there. rocks
Jedi380
Jedi380

Back to top Go down

Post by MadDogDan Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:35 pm

Jedi380:

A little more info. I just got off the phone with KRISS tech support and they confirm that guns made specifically for CA that leave the factory for CA distributors will have bullet buttons. They also said many KRISS weapons leave the factory and deliver to Distributors who install bullet buttons themselves for orders placed by CA dealers, so your SDP may leave the factory "without" the bullet button but then have one added by a "distributor".

MadDog

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi380 Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:52 pm

Strange... I bought mine from a dealer in OH. I do not know if they got theirs direct from Kriss, or from some other distributor. Apparently, from a CA Distributor...
Jedi380
Jedi380

Back to top Go down

Post by MadDogDan Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:13 pm

Tech Support also said the mag release for the non CA models is just a standard Glock release. You do not need any additional internals, just the button. Lone Wolf sells the standard Glock Mag release for a little under $4 (not sure what shipping will be)

MadDog

MadDogDan

Back to top Go down

Post by patman Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:41 pm

I just took the part off of mine, as I talked a rep at Kriss and he stated the covers are just epoxied on and they pop right off and it did. I was able to save the 10 round mag. but I need to get a new follower.

patman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down